Location: Home  Community Forums  Projects & Competitions  Track Project: 25 Builders - Status: Completed! 
Track Project: 25 Builders - Status: Completed!
Page: 1 of 33
Post Reply  1 Observer
Track Project: 25 Builders - Status: Completed!  
This project is completed! :done:

Go drive the track:

---------------------

Stage 1 - Status: :done:
25 builders needed to sign up for the project.

Stage 2 - Status: :done:
Collecting track parts from all 25 builders

Stage 3 - Status: :done:
Fixing signs, lighting, and scenery. Creating custom signage to introduce each track part.

Stage 4 - Status: :done:
Make an intro. Mandark is doing this.

Stage 5 - Status: :done:
The project needs a trailer. Adsun is creating the trailer. And it's out! See it here!!!

Stage 6 - Status: :done:
Building the final map and validating. Chuckie is validating. And he's done!

Stage 7 - Status: :done: -> Watch it here!
eyebo is making the GPS video using the validation replay.

Stage 8 - MX Screenshot Creation - Status: :done:
eyebo is making the screenshot for the MX track page.

Stage 9 - Status: :done: -> "District 25 by   MX-Community
Releasing the final map.

--------------------

--- November 9 - Project Update:
There's only one slot left! Reserve your space in this historic track project before its too late!!!

--- November 8 - Project Update:
Originally the project was meant for 36 builders. After some performance and lighting tests, I've decided to scale back the project to 25 builders. That means we still need 3 more builders!!! Read the rules below and sign up! :)

--------------------

:o It's time for a crazy track project!!! :d

--- The goal: Build a giant endurance track with 25 different people participating!

Builders are given a 5x5x24 area to build. There are two template maps. One goes from top to bottom. The other goes from bottom to top.

Some builders will get the template for odd numbered builders. Other builders will get the template for even numbered builders.

All logistics of entry and exit for each part have already been well thought out.

--- The Rules:

o You must build inside the 5x5x24 area provided. The exception to this rule is that you can place blocks that go into the 25th block space above the track (or above). Example blocks are 5-2-4 and 5-1-4.

o You are NOT allowed to build below the surface of the map.

o You are allowed to change any blocks in the template, except for the start and finish blocks.
I repeat, do NOT change the start or finish blocks.

o You must use the pre-placed start block for the start of your track part and use the pre-placed finish block for the end of your track part.

o You may share your part with up to 1 beta tester (not counting me). Your tester must ensure not to share your part with anyone else.

o You should NOT post your part to MX.

o You are NOT allowed to leave open clips facing the outside of your build. Clips are the colored parts at the end of some blocks that enable you to connect one block type to another block of the same type. Having open clips along the outside would cause logistical problems later on when I'm compiling the final map. Due to the recent change in the grid size, you are now allowed to have open clips facing the outside of your map.

o Blockmixing is NOT allowed (this is because the copy/paste and macroblock tools do not work with mixing).

o Difficulty level should be between Beginner and Intermediate. An average driver should be able to finish your part with a minimum of respawns.

o Signage may be placed. You can use the blue signs from the MX Sign Pack, or you can use the default Canyon signs. However, you should also try to make the route intuitive.

o Be mindful of lighting. The final track will be in Sunset mood and will be surrounded by other people's track parts, so it may become darker than when you built it. Make sure you provide adequate lighting. Use lighting blocks whenever possible (3-7-1, 3-7-2, 10-4-2, 10-4-3, 10-4-4, etc). GP blocks and Signs also give off light.

o RPG/Platform elements may be used sparingly (e.g. A narrow beam to cross)

o CPs should be placed regularly and attention should be paid to avoid introducing cuts

o CPs should be respawnable (you should be able to continue driving if you respawn at any CP)

o There is no limit for the length of your part

--- How To Participate:

Simply post in the comments below to indicate your interest in participating. You can also indicate whether you would like to start at the bottom and build upwards or start at the top and build downwards.

There is no guarantee you will get to build your preference since there is a limited number of slots for each direction, but I will try to accommodate as many people as possible.

You will be assigned a number and a map template will be sent to you via Private Message.

After you have completed your part, save it with the format "4-eyebo". Replace "4" with the number you've been assigned in the list below, and replace "eyebo" with your own ManiaExchange username.

Then upload the map file to a file sharing service (such as dropbox) and send me a Private Message here on MX with the download link.

--- Deadline and Project Completion:

The deadline for the project is tentatively set for the end of November 2012. This could be moved depending on the number of participants there are and how many parts I've received by then.

After I receive all 25 parts, I will combine them, and add small unintrusive text to introduce each part to the driver as he drives the map. Or I may instead add a custom sign before your part with your name on it.

The map will be released on an account I will create for the "25 Builders Project".

--- Participants List:

Even though participants are numbered below, their parts may not be placed in order when I compile the final map. I will take into consideration speed of each part, style, lighting, etc. when I compile the final map.

If you see a green check mark next to someone's name, that means they've submitted their map.

1. Alteran :done:
2. Kent :done:
3. Osaka :done:
4. eyebo :done:
5. Phil :done:
6. BushMonkey :done:
7. md :done:
8. adsun :done:
9. Hans Holo :done:
10. Behi :done:
11. Space :done:
12. basbaas :done:
13. Elystix :done:
14. Blubber :done:
15. sho0ta :done:
16. chuckie :done:
17. RachoVolker :done:
18. haenry :done:
19. Tuta :done:
20. Superal :done:
21. cxomtdoh :done:
22. cuba :done:
23. ddbb :done:
24. Mandark :done:
25. Siem :done:
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

I want in! I've been waiting for something like this. I'll take any slot.
THANKS
Learner Driver

I'll give it a try but if you don't like what I build feel free to give my piece to someone else. :p It does sound fun though. :)
Learner Driver

I've assigned both of you a slot and sent each of you a template. Have fun! :d

I've also assigned myself a slot. Since this is not a competition, I don't mind also participating. ;)
Site Leader

Wow, an idea that I actually like. There's no limitation on the time of the part tho right?

This post means I'm in.
The Green Dude

Osaka»LT says:
There's no limitation on the time of the part tho right?

That's correct. There's no limitation on the time length of your part.

I'll PM you with a template. I'm glad to see you join in! (y)
Site Leader

I'll join! Doesn't matter what slot.
Old Age Caravanner

Phil says:
I'll join! Doesn't matter what slot.

Awesome! :d I've added you to slot 5 and sent the template.
Site Leader

I've added an exception to the rule about where you can build.

Rules says:
You must build inside the 5x5x24 area provided. The exception to this rule is that you can place blocks that go into the 25th block space above the track (or above). Example blocks are 5-2-4 and 5-1-4.

I didn't realize you can place blocks that extend beyond the highest point of the map. Thanks to Phil for pointing this out.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

sign me in. any part, upward/downward doesn't care much.
    md
Quad Bike Racer
Page: 1 of 33 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem