Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  **RESULTS ON PAGE 4**--DTC - December Track Contest 2012 (th... 
**RESULTS ON PAGE 4**--DTC - December Track Contest 2012 (the unofficial MTC)
Page: 1 of 5
Post Reply  0 Observer
**RESULTS ON PAGE 4**--DTC - December Track Contest 2012 (the unofficial MTC)  
Welcome to the TMX(unoffical) Monthly December Track Contest (DTC), December 2012 , hosted by FT»lolig

In the DTC , you must build a track on a given theme. All of the entered tracks will be rated by judges and a winner will be found.

The Details:

Let's have a look at the details of the contest:

Theme of the Month: Disco Party! (since its almost Newyears eve and Christmass)

Deadline: Thursday the 28th December 2012.

Prizes:

donations for the prizepool are always welcome!
send any donation you want to: FT»lolig
Donation will be added to the prizepool!

The rules:

o There must be at least 30 (no max.) blocks which cast colored lights in the map. feel free to use standard signs or even use personalised signs or lights wich seems to fit the theme.

o Bonus points for that funky feeling.

o The track you can build any style you like to build as long as you have at least the 30 "funky" blocks used on the map.

o No Blockmixing

o You may submit one Track

o The map should be 30 sec - 1 min long.

o The track must have been uploaded to the exchange between (and including) 9th December and 23rd December 2012.

General tips:

The "General tips" are just recommendations. You won't get disqualified if you do not follow them, but they tend to help your track and its appreciation by general player population.

o Try making checkpoints respawnable.

o Ghost replays that show how to drive (GPS) do NOT relieve you of your moral obligation to provide guidance during the race (signs or other visual hints on where to go).

o Always provide your track on TMX with a screenshot that shows something from the track, and add a description of what can people expect if they play your track.

Important: To enter a track, simply upload it and post your submission in THIS thread.

The Judging System:

A number of judges will rate the tracks on the following points..

Design – Flow, smoothness, layout, speed, transitions, stunts, difficulty, etc. The general "feel" of the track. Max 20 points/judge

Scenery – Looks, non-driveable blocks, etc. Max 5 points/judge

Media Tracker – Intro and outro to in-game features. Max 5 points/judge

Fun Factor – Depending on how much fun the judge find your Track. Max. 10 points/judge

Theme - Depending on how well diversified are the colloured blocks on the map, do they feel like a disco or more like a childs painting?. Max. 10 points/judge

Regarding the final results, the lowest and highest score of each track will be deleted and the average of the "medium scores" decides - if the number of judges is at least 5.

Good luck and have fun

We hope many people participate !

If you want to make donations , send it to FT»lolig (donations are used for the prizepool) or if you want to judge* , send FT»lolig a pm!

(*As soon as the deadline is reached , you'll get a xls. sheet with all tracks and judging criteria / you only have to fill in the points)

Dont forget to put a [DTC] tag in front of your trackname !
"[DTC]Example"

good luck!
Last edited by FT»lolig,
Moped Racer

it was the theme of the very first MTC -> fail.

also it's a shame to have grammar, punctuation and other mistakes in entry post. and overall it looks like a mess, make clear differentiations between post parts.

and examples don't work.

oh, and gl with hosting, also gl participants.
Last edited by Space,
Zimmer Racer

Space says:
it was the theme of the very first MTC -> fail.

also it's a shame to have grammar, punctuation and other mistakes in entry post. and overall it looks like a mess, make clear differentiations between post parts.

and examples don't work.

oh, and gl with hosting, also gl participants.

sorry for this error about the theme, I've changed it to something wich i'm sure of that wasn't used before and about the grammar: I copied the same text as ville and kekx always post on MTC's... I thought that they were okej...

lolig
Moped Racer

Lolig nominated me as a judge, so why the hell not :-)
Moped Racer

Theme sounds ok. But it'S a scenery theme. I'd have prefered a theme, that restricts you more, when building the track.
But hey, I'll see what I can do (y)
gado is a

Alcator says:

alcator feel free to build if you want that nomination was just a really bad joke
Last edited by FT»lolig,
Moped Racer

Very easy theme, but the "no blockmix" that is adding some challenge to it (y)
Beetle Racer

FT»lolig says:
Alcator says:

alcator feel free to build if you want that nomination was just a really bad joke

"Disco" theme does not really appeal to me, but I really mean my offer of being a judge seriously. Up to you.
Moped Racer

I always wanted to build something like this, even though 50 blocks is a little too much I think. How are you supposed to even count them?
Beetle Racer

Anyone else want to jump on the complain-train or should we maybe be giving lolig a pat on the back for sticking his neck out and giving us an MTC.
Beetle Racer
Page: 1 of 5 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem