Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  New mx background - screen competition (results on page 13) 
New mx background - screen competition (results on page 13)
Page: 1 of 14
Post Reply  0 Observer
New mx background - screen competition (results on page 13)  
As many of you may have noticed (and liked or not) there was a recent change of the mx background.

It may be a good idea to have a screen competition and vote, so we can find the screen most people would like to have as the official ManiaExchange background! :cool:

fill out the voting sheet here!

It's possible to put any screenshot into the background, here's how:
  • right click the current background and use "inspect element". Don't be scared of the window that pops up
  • you have to find background-image: url("x") !important; and change the link x to the link of the screenshot you want to use as a background.
    If you refresh the page it's gone again and replaced by the current one. As an example I'm using a simple screen:

I set it as a background and made a screenshot of how it looked. This is in the browser

As you can see nearly 50% of the screen is covered from the ManiaExchange page and a little part of the top is cut off. That obviously means the focus should be on the outsides. Keep that in mind when you submit screenshots! You can use this method to test if your angle fits the page

The requirements of submitted screenshots are simple.
  • 1920x1080, preferably high settings.
  • No texts or logos, since it's a background and we have a logo in the Header already
  • The maximum amount of screens you're allowed to submit is 9. We've changed the limit (y)

You can submit the screenshots the way they are into this thread with the image tool [ img ] x [ /img ] (without spaces, x represents the url). Don't forget to link the big version as well though =p closed, vote here!

I wish happy screening! (y)
    Last edited by gado,
  • Moped Racer

excellent idea (y)
    gado is a

what haenry said (y)
    Last edited by XT»Marti,
    Moped Racer

./
    Last edited by FT»kamakaze,
    Moped Racer

how many screens are you allowed to submit?
    Beetle Racer

I would say up 3* different screenshots, each 3 variations (like changed colours).
    Last edited by gado,
    Moped Racer

ok and are we also allowed to suggest screens by others who are inactive atm?
    Beetle Racer

Sure. The goal is to get appropriate, well fitting screenshots. So if they're created or just found doesn't matter ;)
    gado is a

There's no real price othe than the screen being used. +1 haenry :p
    Moped Racer

Interesting ! It's time for me to make some badass screenshots :p

Just one question : by "variations", you mean little changes made in the MT ? Bloom, DOF, colors or fog for example ?
    G-kart Racer
    Page: 1 of 14 Post Reply
    © ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem