Location: Home  Community Forums  Projects & Competitions  VooTrax Winter Challenge (Open) - 15000 Planets 
VooTrax Winter Challenge (Open) - 15000 Planets
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
VooTrax Winter Challenge (Open) - 15000 Planets  
Introduction
This competition was started as an attempt to drive some traffic into a little known rounds server and have some competative fun while doing so. I'm blown away by the nice comments about the tracks and generous planets donations I've seen, I expected nobody to come.

Rules
The rules are very simple. The highest ranked players on the server at the deadline will win the prizes. The deadline is now the 2nd January (00.00 UK time). This is 24hrs later than I originally quoted, but it allows people to fight up until the last moment if they want to. Ending at midnight on New Years Eve would have been a bit silly (I will be drinking champagne instead now).

I am not competing, but I am driving on the server for fun, so you will have to ignore my ranking.

The Server
The server is named VooTrax GP Tour and can be found in France>Ile De France>Paris. (Rounds)

The Tracks
There are 15 tracks on the server, I would describe all of them as Intermediate to Expert difficulty. Times currently vary between up to 10 or even 20 seconds between players who are highly ranked, so there is plenty of opportunity to improve with practice. The tracks are on average about 1:40 over two laps. The tracks are mostly GP roads, with some platform and desert road to compliment them. One track is a fullspeeder, the rest are speedtechs. There are no boosts in any tracks, but some are very highspeed even without them.

The Prizefund
The prizefund is currently 15,000 planets.

I would like to thank here those drivers that have added to my original offering of 8000 planets (all my coppers rounded down to nearest thousand). If you donate feel free to let me know via PM and I will add you to this list of generous givers.

Racer987
NoNo

Donations will be accepted up until the competition deadline. Donate either to my login .voodoo. or to the server itself.

Any driver who does not wish to claim their winnings can be happy in the knowledge that their unwanted planets will go towards either (a) Ranking the server up to 40-80k or (b) Future competition prizes. If you have a preference (a) or (b) feel free to let me know.

Ranking Leaders (14/12/2011 19:00 GMT)
1st: dAb'Chris.esl
2nd: NoNo
3rd: RAFAL>SnOop
4th: >XTBH
5th: DriftN|Pudenry

Final Note
Have fun and feel free leave any comments or suggestions here.
Last edited by voodoo,
G-kart Racer

Sounds fun :) I'll give it a go! Hope to see many people on there!
Old Age Caravanner

Thanks for your support. ;)

I will post the top 5 rankings every Sunday perhaps (i think that would mean 3 or 4 posts), so there is an idea of progress. There is only 15 maps on the server, so it doesn't take many records to jump up the rankings.
G-kart Racer

Hey guys,

I notice the number of visitors to the server has nearly doubled since I started the competition yesterday. This is pretty good considering it had been running for 2 or 3 weeks prior. The rounds population in TM2 is particularly dire, I really thought more people would have moved on from TM by now, so thanks to anyone who visited.

I will post the top ranks so far into the first post later today :)

Hopefully things will get more busy as the deadline approaches.

I was hoping to increase the prize fund by taking part in some screenie competitions, but it appears screenshot comps aren't as prominent here as they are at TMX. :$
G-kart Racer

Completely rewrote the first post into something coherent.

I've also added up to date top ranked drivers and a list of those who have donated towards the prize fund.

Thanks for the support and I look forward to seeing you there ;)

G-kart Racer

Hey all,

I have posted up to date rankings in the first post. Nice to all change, except NoNo who remains in 2nd.

;)

Have fun!
Last edited by voodoo,
G-kart Racer

Hey guys, results are in! Thanks to everybody who visited. My hope was for 100 visitors, we got 90, this is still a good success in my eyes :d

1st: TnT - Zik - 7500 Planets
2nd: hal.ko.Chris.esl - 5000 Planets
3rd: TnT - Norico - 2500 Planets

No prizes for these positions but the runners up were:

4th: Nono
5th: RAFAL>SnOop
6th: TnT - Kissky

Please pm me so I can forward the planets. If you would like to donate your planets back to the server just let me know, otherwise I ill require login so I can transfer in-game.

Cheers all!

If there is enough planets in the bank at the time, we can look forward to a Summer challenge later this year. :cool:

G-kart Racer
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem