Location: Home  Community Forums  Projects & Competitions  Needing a 1k Project map 
Needing a 1k Project map
Page: 1 of 4
Locked  0 Observer
Needing a 1k Project map  
Hey guys

Today I've tried to build a map for another 1k Project on TM², however, it was extremely difficult and the outcome was always a piece of shit.

So now I want you to build a map for a 1k Project.

REQUIREMENTS:
  • Mood: Day or Sunrise
  • Difficulty to Finish: None
  • Must be suitable for a 1k Project
  • Should be fun enough to get 1000 replays on it
  • Shall have enough paths for 1000 replays to drive on
  • No MT!
  • Suitable length
Okay, that should be enough.
If a suitable map is made I'll award it with 5k planets and maybe some more if donations are made.
Have fun!
Beetle Racer

This sound interesting. I like this kind of projects. Maybe I will try to build something... But it seems a dificult work.
I can't promise nothing!

Quad Bike Racer

I've had 2 attempts to build one but I wasn't that satisfied. Good luck!
Beetle Racer

Can you elaborate on "Must be suitable for a 1k Project" if you didn't describe that point already with "Should be fun enough to get 1000 replays on it", "Shall have enough paths for 1000 replays to drive on" and "Suitable length"?
Also, what's a suitable length for such a map? 8-|
tracks for nolifers!

doben says:
Can you elaborate on "Must be suitable for a 1k Project" if you didn't describe that point already with "Should be fun enough to get 1000 replays on it", "Shall have enough paths for 1000 replays to drive on" and "Suitable length"?
Also, what's a suitable length for such a map? 8-|

"Must be suitable" is different from "being fun enough". "Suitable" includes things like "enough paths" and the "suitable length" but also things like a scenery that's nice to look at, enough jumps and divides, enough stunting opportunities, enough opportunities for streams of cars to do crazy things

Suitable length... depends on the track. 25 seconds at least, 1 minute or something max. Not that much longer.
Beetle Racer

And what are your thoughts about blockmixing on this matter? :p
Last edited by doben,
tracks for nolifers!

doben says:
And what are your thoughts about blockmixing on this matter? :p

As long as it doesn't look fucked up, go ahead and blockmix. Bonus points if you blockmix things next to each other that wouldn't be possible to place in the regular editor 8-|
But please don't do strange things. Also try not to produce any visibility of the missing backfaces (visibility of geometry-less parts of blocks, for example if you place a platform block next to a GP block's connecting parts, the connecting parts will then be without any geometry - please avoid that)
Beetle Racer

You swear a lot. You should stop that.

sheesh.
Old Age Caravanner

hi redrot :>
Beetle Racer

I built a track that might be good for a 1k project.

Lengh: ~44s :done:
Style: random tech or something :done:
mood: day :done:
2 road splits :done:
bumpy spots :done:
jump over a canyon :done:
strange routing :done:
u-turn with race in lines opposing direction :done:
high quality shadows :done:

Download here
Last edited by Nim,
Beetle Racer
Page: 1 of 4 Locked
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem