Location: Home  Community Forums  Projects & Competitions  Competition suggestion ! 
Competition suggestion !
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
Competition suggestion !  
After thinking about it for a while, I decided to PM all the top 25 players on MX leaderboard with an invitation to a top 25 contest. The idea is as follow;

25 qualified (being among the top 25 on mx leaderboard) players compete on 25 track in 25 days on 25 sec. long tracks. All players submit 1 track each. Each player can race any of those 25 tracks in the order he likes, as long as replay is submitted for all 25 tracks by the date agreed upon.

In this way, we all benefit from an exciting competition, and each and one of us have a track with 25 replays with tight times, which in turn gives it good trackvalue. In the submition and competition period it should only be uploaded on an account accesible only for the 25 qualified players.. After that, it can be open for other racers.... Or, it can be uploaded on our own account with clear label that this track is for the top 25 compettion only. Other players submitting theyr replay will just be deleted....

Since eyebo is among those qualified, and is a nice and friendly guy and a moderator here on MX, and also have a lot of experiences about competitions, I suggest him as a moderator/administrator for the contest.... if he like and have the time....
Moped Racer

not all good drivers are good builders. and... nolifers gonna nolife ^^
Zimmer Racer

the idea itself is cool, but I have to agree space. Another thing, the top 25 leaderboards aren't the top 25 best drivers. Many epic drivers just drive online or don't upload many of their runs. But if this really would start, I'd participate ;)
Beetle Racer

I would be one that would not build a track, however I am not against a competition, I can't no-life and couldn't care less if I can be beat by someone who has more time. I like driving and where I end up in the stats is where I end up.

The details of submitting a track will probably have to be worked out. Perhaps something like the KO competition where tracks are submitted and not posted on TMX, if it is announced that 25 tracks are needed then anyone can submit a track whether or not they are competing. Once 25 tracks have been submitted the competition can start.

If time is a big deal, perhaps 10 tracks, so that those with less time could be a bit more competative. Just a suggestion.

Learner Driver

Space says:
not all good drivers are good builders. and... nolifers gonna nolife ^^

Its not a trackbuilding contest.... think we can manage to find a good solution for the one dont want to build that single track.... maybe u can help out here?

Nimrod says:
Another thing, the top 25 leaderboards aren't the top 25 best drivers. Many epic drivers just drive online or don't upload many of their runs. But if this really would start, I'd participate ;)

Aware of that, but we all love to race, so thats good enough for me....;-) Glad u like to participate if it ever will start Nimrod... u r welcome to help "craft out" the details here.....

NKAc_Street says:
I would be one that would not build a track, however I am not against a competition, I can't no-life and couldn't care less if I can be beat by someone who has more time. I like driving and where I end up in the stats is where I end up.

That`s the attitude i like !

NKAc_Street says:

The details of submitting a track will probably have to be worked out. Perhaps something like the KO competition where tracks are submitted and not posted on TMX, if it is announced that 25 tracks are needed then anyone can submit a track whether or not they are competing. Once 25 tracks have been submitted the competition can start.

Yes, thats why this thread. My idea was simply that each and one of the top 25 players in the leaderboard submit one single track, either on an account open for that, or on theyr own account, just label it "for the top 25 competition only" or something... If someone not qualified submitting theyre time despite of that, just kindly ask Mr.A or forzyy to delete this replay....

In this way, we are all free to race whatever of those track whenever we like and for how long time we like, whitin the timeframe agreed upon here.... I think for the sake of limit the adminitration of this contest, this would be the most easy way.... At he end of the contest, its easy just to calkulate all the times.. If someone dont submit time in one or more of the tracks, for whatever reason, then he will have the time of bronze in this track (coz, cannot have 0 ), so that the racer with the lowest time on all the 25 tracks together will be the winner, and so on...

NKAc_Street says:

If time is a big deal, perhaps 10 tracks, so that those with less time could be a bit more competative. Just a suggestion.

Thats of cource an option....But one 25 sec. track a day seems for me in reach for players that after all, until now, races enough to end up on the top 25 at the leaderboard....dont u think?
I just like the idea of "25 "...from the fact that each track can host max 25 replays... 25 racers, 25 tracks, 25 sec. in 25 days.....
Moped Racer

NKAc_Street says:
I would be one that would not build a track,

Was thinking more about this. I think each and one of "us other" would love to submit an extra track to replace the lack of track from u....in our own account.....

Or.... u just ask ur favorite trackbuilder; can u plz build a 25 sec track for me?..submit that one in ur own accout, credit the builder...problem solved..... (l)
Moped Racer

Hmm... Great idea, but I'm not sure about that "25 sec track" idea. It seems kinda short imo.

Isnt it possible to do 30-45 sec tracks? :p

Does it djent?

This is a great idea. I only have a problem with a couple things:

Logistically it would be very difficult to ensure only certain players upload replays. And since I can't delete replays, we'd have to call on MrA or Forzyy to do it. They're probably too busy to do it, though I can't speak for them.

Even if I could delete replays, I'm not sure I'd want to. Of the 4500 users on the site, only 900 have ever submitted a single replay. I really don't like the idea of discouraging people from submitting replays by excluding certain people, even if it's just for a month.

I think the contest would work just fine if it was open to everyone. Except for the purposes of the contest we would only count the players in the top 25 LB.

The top 25 could still participate by submitting tracks (those who want to) and a few other builders could also submit tracks to fill in the gaps. Once all the tracks are collected by whoever is running the contest, a track pack could be released so that all those participating would know which tracks to focus on hunting times on. The tracks would also be uploaded to MX on that date (but not before).

The concept behind a group of people focusing on a track to boost it's popularity and LB is very similar to the Coast connection and Desert connection on TMX.

I like the idea behind this, but I'm going to be far too busy until July to run it. If I were to run it, I'd encourage people to start building tracks for it now and submitting them in June so the track pack could be compiled.
Site Leader

chuckie (670) says:
Hmm... Great idea, but I'm not sure about that "25 sec track" idea. It seems kinda short imo.

Isnt it possible to do 30-45 sec tracks? :p

O c it is... was just the idea about the number 25....no big deal.... Anyway, if we look at the popularity of 15-30 sec. tracks, its quite obvious "hot"... :cool:
Moped Racer

eyebo (701) says:
This is a great idea. I only have a problem with a couple things:

Logistically it would be very difficult to ensure only certain players upload replays. And since I can't delete replays, we'd have to call on MrA or Forzyy to do it. They're probably too busy to do it, though I can't speak for them.

Glad u liked the idea eyebo ! But ok, I see ur point... If that turns out to be the case, then we`ll just find another solution for it !

eyebo (701) says:
Even if I could delete replays, I'm not sure I'd want to. Of the 4500 users on the site, only 900 have ever submitted a single replay. I really don't like the idea of discouraging people from submitting replays by excluding certain people, even if it's just for a month.

On this point I cant say I share ur concern... There is thousands of tracks to race here, and this is a contest for the players happens to be in the top 25... I think all kind of contest has a qualification of some kind, and its not to exclude other racers it is like that, and whats more, after the contest period, the tracks will be open for everyone to race !

eyebo (701) says:
I think the contest would work just fine if it was open to everyone. Except for the purposes of the contest we would only count the players in the top 25 LB.

The problem with that is the fact, as mention elsewhere, that there is a lot of players that possible could easily beat some of us in the top 25 list, so then, if the track has already 25 replays, then it would not be possible to upload replay for qualified racers with a poorer time then the replays already submitted...

eyebo (701) says:
I like the idea behind this, but I'm going to be far too busy until July to run it. If I were to run it, I'd encourage people to start building tracks for it now and submitting them in June so the track pack could be compiled.

Ok, was afraid a little that u might be to busy with other project, so engaged u r in different ways on many levels in the trackmania world.... :) But ok, I was thinking more about it, since i have plenty of time, i can probably handle it my self... I was just a little reluctant to do it, coz no experience at all in this kind of stuff.....But i cant be that hard I guess.... But u think u have the time to at least participate in the contest? Just race the tracks and submit ur time?

We`ll find ways, coz so far, i have only positive feedback from the receiver of my PM about this idea... :p
Moped Racer
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem