Location: Home  Community Forums  Projects & Competitions  Competition suggestion ! 
Competition suggestion !
Page: 2 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer

Nesrally says:
On this point I cant say I share ur concern... There is thousands of tracks to race here, and this is a contest for the players happens to be in the top 25... I think all kind of contest has a qualification of some kind, and its not to exclude other racers it is like that, and whats more, after the contest period, the tracks will be open for everyone to race !

First of all it is great idea, but I don't think it is fair to exclude players from uploading replays just because they are not in the top 25. Why not leave it open? If someone from the top 25 does not manage to upload a replay because his time is too bad, he is not worth being in the top 25 :cool: (I see this happen to me though :p )

Another solution: Set up a server + password and change the time limit to half an hour or so.
Old Age Caravanner

Buddha (770) says:
First of all it is great idea, but I don't think it is fair to exclude players from uploading replays just because they are not in the top 25. Why not leave it open? If someone from the top 25 does not manage to upload a replay because his time is too bad, he is not worth being in the top 25 :cool: (I see this happen to me though :p )

Another solution: Set up a server + password and change the time limit to half an hour or so.

Well, we certainly look different on what is an competition then.... the canyon leaderboard does not reflect much more than how many tracks u have had the time to race. Merely cross the finish line and u have 10 point and a WR.... thats all.... The poorest racer with good time to race can have a good position there if he race enough tracks. Thats almost what happen to me. I doubt i ever can beat some of the really top players in a shoulder to shoulder race. (Well, depend on the track o c) When the next canyon leaderboard is up, with only our 10 highest score, thats a different story..that will reflect a little more our racing skills....

Now, the whole idea was to have a contest to show a more realistic picture of the one happens to be among the top25 players in the leaderboard. Im certainly not among the top there, but maybe not also at the bottom..time will show.....

There is so many different competition, and so many ways to run it..Well, this is one way to do it.... so far most of the invited is positive to the idea....
Moped Racer

Nesrally says:
When the next canyon leaderboard is up, with only our 10 highest score

I really wonder if this is going to happen. it's really not that hard to do, but forzy still hasn't done it...
Zimmer Racer

Space says:
Nesrally says:

I really wonder if this is going to happen. it's really not that hard to do, but forzy still hasn't done it...

Well, thats another story space....in the meantime, we just race and compete and enjoy ! :cool:
Moped Racer

I think is a good idea. But make a contest just for the top players... I would prefer a contest open to everyone.
Something like this:

-Every player (who wants to join) has to choose a track. It can be his own track, or it can be a track builded by someone else. (This way contest is open for builders and non builders)
-Then divide the players in groups. Let's say, for example in groups of 5 people. (Let's say we have 25 people in total)
-You have to race the 5 tracks of your group. Then you get the average time of the 5 tracks for each player and you get a ranking. Winer has 5 points, second 4 points , etc-
-So you have now 5 players with 5 points, 5 players with 4 points, etc.
-Then divide the players in groups with the same points (let's call this Divisions: Players with 5 points go to 1st Division, players with 4 points to 2nd Division...).
-Secound Round: Then the 5 people in each Division have to set a time in all tracks on his division. They can try to improve his time in his choosen track, or just play with the same time in 1st round... And again you gain 5 points for being the winner of your division....

I mean something like a League system (this was the first system came to my mind right now thinking in 25 people), when everybody can join, and at the end top players must fight for the victory, but poor players (like me) can fight for not being the last. XD And everybody have some fun...

That you comented about posting replays... If a player can't post a time in track because there's 25 awesome times in that track, he can send his replay to Contest Staff, and they can validate it. (it's quite fast) I don't like the idea of finding a track and recive the message: You can't drive here, you're not top 25... Also can be fun see times around there driven by people who is not on the contest... Contest "oficial" times can be published in a google sheet or similar without the "public" times...

Quad Bike Racer

Space says:
Nesrally says:

I don´t think we going to have this lb system ever.
What about start a blog about this.

To participate its require that you ! (anyone can join)

1. add 1 fully respawnable map. (any type, even duo is ok) (at: 43 sec) (name it "all in one - name")
ex. all in one - Star_dust 666
2. submit on all tracks.* (not your own)
3. Then we can make a videos for each map to increase user on mx maybe ^^.

* = if you can ;)

25 point for last place
1 point for first.
lowest point win ofc.

all is a winner becouse we have 25 nice replays on our tracks (l) and maybe 25 awards. 8-|
maybe top 5 can get some planets.
Last edited by SPIDER,
Beetle Racer

Driving 25 tracks with a nice time requires a lot of time... And then there is no way to continue it. I mean, my idea of creating divisions is because when you have finished the contest, then you can start another one, this way at the end of the first edition of the league, the two slower drivers in division 1 will start in division 2. And the top two in division 2 go up to division 1...
I think divisions of 10 players or less (you must drive 10 tracks) it's a nice number, if the deadline is something about 30 days... (I think all people have enough free time for run 1 track every 3 days). I mean something easy to all, where no-lifers don't have a big advantage over the rest...
Then when the edition of the contest is finished, every player has to change his track for the next edition.
And after a few editions, top players doesn't have to lose his time fighting with the noobs XD, and noobs doesn't have to fight with the big dogs... And you don't need to forget real life for join the league...

Quad Bike Racer

To be honest guys, when this idea come up in my mind, i had a pretty clear and, for me, simple idea...Now I realize it is so many other ways to do it, but its kind of, well, dont know, but i feel i dont have enough experience to deal with all those other ways to do it... So why not just anyone of u start it, the way u think it will work? I`ll be happy just to participate in whatever the decision will be.... 8-|
Moped Racer

We can talk about it... I would collaborate if some of you want collaborate too in organize a MX League.
I have not big experience in this kind fo events, anyway time ago I joined others leagues in other games, so I think it can be posible and fun.
Any volunteer?

Quad Bike Racer

Nimrod says:
the top 25 leaderboards aren't the top 25 best drivers

No one in top 25 is really top 25 driver I'd say. Marco may be close though. Can't say about Jarek as I haven't seen him anywhere.
Beetle Racer
Page: 2 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem