Location: Home  Community Forums  Projects & Competitions  IDEA - Random map hunting competition. 
IDEA - Random map hunting competition.
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
IDEA - Random map hunting competition.  
Hi all.
I came up with an idea (not sure if it's very good but I will still share it) of a Track Hunting contest.
I think it would be a monthly or weekly contest where :

-The host searches for a random map using the Find Tracks > Random function.
-The host tries the track and if it's good for hunting it will be chosen. If it's not, the host tries again (finding another map)
-People will submit replays to that certain track.
-The fastest replay wins a certain prize. Planets/Showcase.

For now, I don't have too much planets to give, so that's why I haven't started it yet :d But I still shared the idea.
Beetle Racer

Make it daily with a low price.
Beetle Racer

I'm not that rich :p And also not that active.
Beetle Racer

nobody is active here.
Zimmer Racer

Just us chickens.

By the way, I'd take part... :)
Site Leader

How about 100 planets a day?
Beetle Racer

I could do that but I don't know if 100 planets motivates too much people.
Beetle Racer

FT»Mandark says:
I could do that but I don't know if 100 planets motivates too much people.

I'm here. That's enough.
Beetle Racer

Great idea but it could be more interesting to do a live competition like the MX knockout instead of just a replay competition.
If you want, I am ready to host it on my local server but I don't guarantee the connection. :p
Learner Driver

The problem would be that you would need to have the track running the whole day under one session (So you could see the top time for that day). If you were to break it up, you would have to either use a record system that has no records on that specific track (nearly impossible for any mania-exchange track), or use a track that's never been seen/played (definitely impossible on any mania-exchange track).

For that matter, wouldn't you have to host the replay's elsewhere to see which were from that day? Or would you include already submitted replays (which doesn't seem fair for a daily competition)? It would have to be integrated into the site as a different feature to effectively work for only one day (per track).
Last edited by Cxom,
Moped Racer
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem