Location: Home  Community Forums  General  TM² Valley - discussion 
TM² Valley - discussion
Page: 17 of 20
Locked  0 Observer

Fix says:
Hello guys,

I see a lot of complaining here, and I've seen some bugs here that are not reported on the official forums. :-w
It's easy to say "nadeo are idiot", "why don't they fix this", "why do they do that that way", (..well, they're french would say some (this insult/troll shows well you think we're not reading here).
And later, some of you come to the official forum where some of your bugs haven't been reported, and insult us even more because they're not fixed.
I sometimes read "this is a very old bug" and for me it's the first time I hear about it.

Note about the grass (page 15) : it is that tall and "ugly" because it's already damn heavy on performance. 1 week before release it was even bigger.
The equation is simple : the smaller the sprite, the closer they have to be or they feel lonely : so the more you need.... more decals means more memory usage, more fillrate, longer loading times, etc...
they already feel lonely and are quite big. Also the initial textures was made for 20cm grass, but filling the environment with 20cm sprites is a bit..."hard for your computer".

after reading page 16 then 15 ..I reached the "french" napoleonian joke...I simply don't want to read the pages before, and I just inform you with this post, that reporting things and ranting here is quite useless, we can't browse all community/teams/players forums AND fix the bugs or make the blocks you need.

I spend already too much time reading the official forum to hear about bugs and feedbacks.
And if you have positive comments, share them too, because only sharing the negative feedback, the rants, the insults is not very constructive (for the game and for the motivation of those working on it).

Please use the wishlist to share your needs to Hylis.

Fix

ps: I also want to thank the positive guys here that help us improve the game, that work very hard for the players.

To be honest, seems like we aren't getting much appreciation from you guys either?

http://tm.mania-exchange.com/blogs/entry/360/a-different-road

Steam workshop, really?

And for a game developer to complain on it's fans is quite bad practice I feel.
Perhaps the newly found activity on this site tells you something about how we generally feel about the game - It's amazing!

I live in a peaceful democracy, have free healthcare, education, a great job and so on. I still dont go around telling others how awesome things are for me. But if I spot something that is not quite right, I might speak up. That is just how we humans work I guess.

But it's good to remind people that for a pretty much direct link to Nadeo, just go to the official forums :) Great support from you guys there and ofcourse we couldn't possibly ask for you to be active on all community sites.

But if you are here I'll take my chance and tell you thank you for this awesome game. And so is Canyon and the updated stadium :) Bought them all three as soon as I could because I trust in your work :)
· · · – – – · · ·

After second reading, I understood the joke about small peoples and napoleon (or sarkozy, or hollande :d). Thanks Enai Saion for the insight. I have read too much Es-Reality threads about shootmania, where "french" trolls and insults were very common.
I was a bit angry to discover some bug reports and interesting feedbacks hidden here, player's input is so important, it changed my way of reading things.
Tuta : I agree that cerovan'ts post is disturbing you, Hylis agreed with MrA on that part I think. Anyway, I don't see a site beating the years of building Mania exchange anytime. So many dedicated cool features.
Learner Driver

Tuta says:
Fix says:
Hello guys,

I see a lot of complaining here, and I've seen some bugs here that are not reported on the official forums. :-w
It's easy to say "nadeo are idiot", "why don't they fix this", "why do they do that that way", (..well, they're french would say some (this insult/troll shows well you think we're not reading here).
And later, some of you come to the official forum where some of your bugs haven't been reported, and insult us even more because they're not fixed.
I sometimes read "this is a very old bug" and for me it's the first time I hear about it.

Note about the grass (page 15) : it is that tall and "ugly" because it's already damn heavy on performance. 1 week before release it was even bigger.
The equation is simple : the smaller the sprite, the closer they have to be or they feel lonely : so the more you need.... more decals means more memory usage, more fillrate, longer loading times, etc...
they already feel lonely and are quite big. Also the initial textures was made for 20cm grass, but filling the environment with 20cm sprites is a bit..."hard for your computer".

after reading page 16 then 15 ..I reached the "french" napoleonian joke...I simply don't want to read the pages before, and I just inform you with this post, that reporting things and ranting here is quite useless, we can't browse all community/teams/players forums AND fix the bugs or make the blocks you need.

I spend already too much time reading the official forum to hear about bugs and feedbacks.
And if you have positive comments, share them too, because only sharing the negative feedback, the rants, the insults is not very constructive (for the game and for the motivation of those working on it).

Please use the wishlist to share your needs to Hylis.

Fix

ps: I also want to thank the positive guys here that help us improve the game, that work very hard for the players.

To be honest, seems like we aren't getting much appreciation from you guys either?

http://tm.mania-exchange.com/blogs/entry/360/a-different-road

Steam workshop, really?

I would really like to hear some feedback on this as well.

TMX/MX has been responsible for supporting a considerable portion of the install base of every trackmania title to date. I know myself that if TMXO never existed, I wouldn't still be playing the series, it's as simple as that. It kept me building, aspiring to be better and uploading my maps, and trying out others. The democracy of the site itself is possibly responsible for how complex and diverse all tracks are now, because people have been awarding maps they love and through this people have been able to perfect the paradigm of trackmaking by being able to see what people like and what people don't like. These are the maps people play online after they've gotten bored of the Nadeo maps; these are the maps that keep people logging in and playing every day, either online or offline; these are the people who comprise of your consumer base, the people who keep buying your games.

Where do most of the online servers get their maps? I'd say most of them got their maps directly from MX. Even most servers have a built in thing where you can add maps via their TMX/MX IDs. If it weren't for MX, most servers on Valley right now would still be playing Nadeo maps.

What's the difference between using steam workshop, a watered-down and poorly organised platform, and putting a link to MX on say the main page of maniaplanet as you log in? Why not support the site that is responsible for a large part of your install base. I don't recall the admins here ever asking for much from you lot. Even when it came to a point where advertisements and paypal donations were needed to keep the site alive.

I honestly don't even think workshop will pad out, because it just doesn't have the features or organisation of MX or Carpark, but what I do take away from this is the sheer spiting of this site and what it does for your community. At the very least you could have pulled Mr.A aside and let him make his case. He's been keeping this site alive, with his own money and the money from people of this site for 10 years, with nothing but the help of friends and passion for this game.
Moped Racer

very well said guys :)

@iron:
i'm not playing tm for 10 years
but i have to admit that tmx/mx makes tm (and also sm) much more interesting

i think just because this game is made for tracking(just my opinion ;) )
you need to have a trackexchange

but my question on this is,
why should we create a new one when we already have a great old one which has been build and upgraded for 10 years now

just a little thought which should be added to this ;)
Beetle Racer

FT»Lodec says:

but my question on this is,
why should we create a new one when we already have a great old one which has been build and upgraded for 10 years now

just a little thought which should be added to this ;)

Because it would be senseless to sell a community-based game like Trackmania on Steam without the possibility to share your creations via Steam Workshop.

Why not use both? It might bring new people to this site when we keep uploading our tracks etc. on Steam and advertise MX there....
Learner Driver

I won't load my maps into steam as I don't even run TM with it.
Beetle Racer

irondragons, you didn't understand why I wrote that first post : doing reports/ feedback aimed at nadeo here is almost useless.
And I can't answer a lot of things , this is Hylis you have to ask.
Learner Driver

After making some maps there are some blocks I would like to have. For example sharp uphill right/left turn(Roadblock) The "Road" block in tunnels so you can make sharp turns. A normal "Start" and "Finish" platform block. Some "Air signs" which don't need ground contact. Also I like the "road" with the white block and a checkpoint. And a checkpoint with the yellow blocks in tunnels. Maybe some more jumps alternatives.
Last edited by Naichiku,
Quad Bike Racer

It seems MX got active during one week and now players already left.. Am I wrong? (Looking at the botw) :)
Moped Racer

i dont think so
look into the forms ;)
they gor much more active

and i think that many guys wanted to release one valleymap fastly
and are now mapping slowly

just look at me :p
Beetle Racer
Page: 17 of 20 Locked
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem