Location: Home  Community Forums  Projects & Competitions  Track Project: 25 Builders - Status: Completed! 
Track Project: 25 Builders - Status: Completed!
Page: 30 of 33
Post Reply  1 Observer

(y)
Beetle Racer

District 25 Coming Soon!
Learner Driver

on headings, maybe change ___ to -? like - ABOUT -

screen doesn't have the best editing, but fits really well. hope it looks even better in small.
Last edited by Space,
Zimmer Racer

I fixed the headings.

I kept the editing simple because I didn't want the screenshot to reflect the style of any one person. It's a track by many people, so the screenshot should be slightly more generic, if that makes sense.

I had a hard time finding an angle I liked though. Everywhere you look is blocks. It's like deciding whether to take a picture of a tree representing a forest, or take a picture above the forest and show the whole forest. Choices choices.

I opted for this angle down one of the corridors.

Site Leader

Might be a slight delay in the track release. Some problems with the permissions on the MX Community account. Standby.

In the meantime, chuckie's validation run should be live on youtube soon. It's unlisted for now. The link is in the author comments on the previous page.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

Whoa. 43 minutes. SO SO long. So epic. Mildly fast. And I'd like to see how those tires wear real time - I don't think they'd make it past tower 11.
Btw: Why is my tower number 5? I think there are harder towers after mine...
The Green Dude

I didn't want it to be hard hard hard hard hard... and then easy easy easy easy easy. So I spaced things out a little. :)

TRACK IS OUT!!!

Site Leader

Osaka»LT says:
Whoa. 43 minutes. SO SO long. So epic. Mildly fast. And I'd like to see how those tires wear real time - I don't think they'd make it past tower 11.

there isn't :d :d
· · · – – – · · ·

Tuta says:
Osaka»LT says:

there isn't :d :d

Sez you. Your tower, a 5x5x30 grid, starts with 2 red boosters. I fail to understand how is that easier than mine.
The Green Dude

Osaka, yours was initially harder for me, because of the reuses. It was so easy to get lost. That's partly why it ended up so early in the track. I wanted to make sure people's focus was still quite strong when they drove your part. It's not that any individual part is that hard. But with the addition of many signs and changed scenery, even the reuses don't make it that confusing anymore, so it does indeed feel a bit easy for that early in the map. ;) But then it's a nice break between other parts. I'm so happy with where everything is, and getting the speed entering and exiting each part was a lot of work too. I really don't think I'd change anything, even if I could go back and move things around.

Also, I read your award Osaka. (l) Nice feelings you expressed.

I'm so glad that this project is done! I was starting to have doubts that it would ever get released.

It also feels good that we met the deadline (or one of them at least :p). So many amazing people worked on it, and I want to thank you all so much for joining this project! (y) Seriously, it was incredibly kind of everyone to allow me to take their track submissions and make slight changes here and there, in scenery, signage, and even in a few cases I had to edit a transition or jump. I hadn't planned to do that, but I appreciate everyone allowing me to do that, and to be understanding about it. I think in the end it made the track a much more coherent one. Your trust means so much to me. Thank you! (l)

The inspiration for the project partly came from my own 3x3 track (because I had so much fun making it) and partly from hearing of a duo endurance track that adsun and basbaas were making. They were making two towers and then connecting them. It got the wheels turning in my mind, and made me really want to see how far we could push the TM2 editor. Well, I think we showed you can push it pretty far!!! Congrats to Nadeo for making it so robust!

Well, I think I'll take a little break away from TM now. =p I spent way too much time in the editor these past couple weeks.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader
Page: 30 of 33 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem