Location: Home  Community Forums  Projects & Competitions  Track Project: 25 Builders - Status: Completed! 
Track Project: 25 Builders - Status: Completed!
Page: 31 of 33
Post Reply  1 Observer

When I first saw the track I said to myself
"Fallout the Beloved" says:
What the fuck is this monstrosity of ass and bologna?

I like lists, you like lists too, right?

The Good Stuff

:award:
  • It looks amazing, really showing off what the new engine can do.
  • 25 people
  • having a lead editor fix shit parts.
  • Some really clever sections.
  • Proper use of copy/paste tool.
  • Spacing between the towers, looks vaguely like worn down Manhattan.
  • It's pretty drivable, some parts are abit iffy.

The Bad stuff.

• 5x5x24:
    24 vertical levels is alot to cover, especially when you only get a narrow space to work with. It's constantly spiraling up and then back down over and over and over.
  • It's way too long for the style of track.
    Even 20 would have been too much.
  • Not much variation in styles and speed.
    Uphill was mostly random tech; downhill was either spiral of death or small diagonal transitions.
  • The first 24 are interchangeable, none of them feel like a start/middle section. The finish is rather amusing though.
  • The ground and lower canyon are nearly completely unused.
  • No reuses.
  • No big jumps/omg butt clench I'm gonna crash shitshitshit.*

=======================================================================

Most of the sections of "bad stuff" are really just consequences of the first.

I kind of want to start a project like this myself, though if I were to make all the sections completely uniform, I would go with 7x7x12 or 10x10x6; stacking them either two or four high.

Other ideas:
5x5x24 stacked ten high (Ultimate Spiral of Damnnation)
random variations of ~600 cubic blocks(Puzzle pieces)

* bumping a wall at 150 doesn't count
Quad Bike Racer

Osaka»LT says:
Tuta says:
Osaka»LT says:
Whoa. 43 minutes. SO SO long. So epic. Mildly fast. And I'd like to see how those tires wear real time - I don't think they'd make it past tower 11.
Btw: Why is my tower number 5? I think there are harder towers after mine...

there isn't :d :d

Sez you. Your tower, a 5x5x30 grid, starts with 2 red boosters. I fail to understand how is that easier than mine.

You know why I missed a checkpoint on my first run?

Cause your part :d
· · · – – – · · ·

You did a good job with the signs eyebo (y)
but, turbo is a bad idea in a mini-tech track :cool:
I almost drive it the wrong way at one spot becouse it feelt wrong when i drive so i want back 8-| and i am glad i did, i think it was at about 20 minutes maybe, but then i got starting to understand your signs so i went back from doing a misstake and drive it the correct way and i even learn how to sign my tracks if i remember :p, but it was a releaf to see the timer stops in the end, and not like tuta - the timer didn´t stop =p =p =p
Last edited by SPIDER,
Beetle Racer

Yes, poor Tuta :$

Thanks for your comments Spider. :)

And nice list Fallout. ;) Only, you are wrong about one thing. There is actually several reuses. Perhaps they're not that obvious though.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

can anyone post an aereal view of the track? i won't dare to open it on my computer ^^
Old Age Caravanner

This was from a few days before release:

Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

Here's some outtakes from different angles I tried before deciding on the final screenshot:

And a widescreen unedited wallpaper version of the screenshot that was used for the track page:

Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

I really love the first angle, but indeed the one you used for the screen is more fitting :)
Beetle Racer

ok eyeboe, that was enough rest for you, gogo stadium version 8-|

kidding ;) =p
Old Age Caravanner

lol ddbb =p

When we do a Stadium one, it will probably have to be smaller. The grid is smaller there. I've already committed to doing it though.

I told PapyChampy I would do a Stadium one if he joined it, and he said he would. So now I'm stuck with it. ;)

But now we don't have unlimiter, and Stadium is a little different with different blocks and a different gameplay. I'm not sure we would do towers or do something a little different. I'll have to experiment a little to see what layout would work best.

For now I have several other projects to finish up. But I hope to start a Stadium version in the coming months for sure. (y)

Then there's Valley too.... (l)
Site Leader
Page: 31 of 33 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem