Location: Home  Community Forums  Projects & Competitions  Track Project: 25 Builders - Status: Completed! 
Track Project: 25 Builders - Status: Completed!
Page: 32 of 33
Post Reply  1 Observer

yaaaaaaay 8-|

i think too, that it has to be different cause 5x5 in the stadium will be just rpg climbing in every tower :d
maybe 10x10x10 or smth like that would fit better, or even divide the parts in Tech/Speed, and give the speed guys more space, otherwise it will be a very slow track.

but im shure you will do good work again :done: (l)
Old Age Caravanner

My opinion I think is that Stadium is unnecessary and we should wait for Valley :cool:
Beetle Racer

i also dont think that stad fits this type of project
but i would really like to join sth like this in valley :)
Beetle Racer

+1 :p
Old Age Caravanner

I wonder why Stad wouldn't fit this type of project. Apart from the fact that the editing grid is actually the same size as canyon (32x32), Stad has given us some of the most magnificent compact maps of all time.
I agree that 25 is a bit OD in Stad, maybe some D16 could work. As the biggest troll of all time too (PC and eyebo know what I am talking about). Anyways, in such a project I am a fixture :cool:
The Green Dude

I agree with Osaka - if there's one enironment that lends itself to this kind of block-building, it's Stadium. Were this to become reality, I'd happily join in as well.

When it comes to the size, perhaps a bigger area with half the height could be an idea? Then they could be stacked in two layers, and we could create some really cool transitions between one builder (above) and the next (below).

Oh, and maybe I should mention that this track is my favourite in the entire Canyon environment (y)
Last edited by broadsword,
Moped Racer

^^ This split it in half idea was exactly what I was thinking.
Moped Racer

:build: New edition of District 25 in progress :build:

Some features:
:done: Improving flow between parts.
:done: Fixing confusing parts (where the driver may easily miss a CP).
:done: Changing arrows and lighting from block-based to embedded object-based.
:done: Each tower will have it's own color scheme.
:done: Discreet MediaTracker text will be added to identify each section as you drive through it.
:done: Removing complex blocks where possible to reduce graphical weight.
:done: Removal of almost all pillars to reduce graphical weight.
:done: Reduced size from 73819c to about 45000c*

*Final size may be slightly smaller or larger.

Nadeo has said the original District 25 will drop from 73819c to 57064c in ManiaPlanet 4 (source).

I'm optimistic that the new 45000c District 25 will drop even further in graphical weight in ManiaPlanet 4, perhaps to 35000c or so. The goal is to make District 25 playable to more people and make it more easily finishable by all.

Rest assured, the original District 25 will not be touched on MX.
The new edition will be uploaded to a new ID when it's finished.

No estimated time of release. But I just wanted to put out a little teaser. ;)
Site Leader

Wohooo :cool:

Nice work, eyebo! Looking forward to playing it with better FPS.
Moped Racer

You've been busy. Nice idea with the colors. :d
Quad Bike Racer
Page: 32 of 33 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem