Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC March 2013 - "Unusual Multilap" - Results on page 5! 
MTC March 2013 - "Unusual Multilap" - Results on page 5!
Page: 2 of 6
Post Reply  0 Observer

Not sure but i feel the same way you do.
brake is your friend in a car game :p
anyway i think i got a simple explanation

Same lap 2 times = orginal
everything else is unusual :d
Beetle Racer

Learner Driver

... says:
But by now it seems that the most skill is required by the map builder

In a track contest ? That would be very surprising, I guess... :p
Learner Driver

Taronium says:
Hmmm, makes me wonder what goes for "unusual". Would having to go through the origin for an 8 be unusual? Probably not enough, I guess...

it fits the requirement. perhaps wouldn't get the most points, but certainly wouldn't get disqualified. As I said: If it deviates in any way from the Nadeo style of multilap tracks, then it fits the theme. Do it, see what happens. Let's live the Coubertin's spirit ("It's not important to win, but to take part")

about brakes - brakes are a fundamental concept of the game and you should not give in to the pressure of some players. Don't be afraid to make a track that requires braking, sliding, or even going in reverse ;-)

If the theme of the month is not FULLSPEED, than requiring the usage of brakes should not be a problem.
Moped Racer

Ah rats, I totally forgot to check for replies here, haha... sorry. Just crossed my mind again.
Hmmm...I have made another multilap that is rather bizarre in every regard EXCEPT the multilapping, hahaha... but it was unusual or is, rather, in every regard, I think. IF you say that "WildLife" does not fit the topic, please, let me know, I've already made the map I was originally talking about, too, going through the finish line twice for every round, hehe, it's a really neat little track, I believe. I have fun improving times, but it was also the one that scared me for the braking needs.

I still have my very first idea waiting to be realized, but it's very tricky to accomplish. Guess, if WildLife doesn't cut it, I'd still have a few weeks to figure out how to pull it off.

Anyway, feels like the forum is more alive this time around... probably because of Stadium, but I'm happy either way. I've never been on a game forum, but it's fun + creative, so I'm really enjoying the "fun" addition, haha. Thanks guys! (l)

OH, and his_dudness: I don't think I like you. ;)
Last edited by Taronium,
Quad Bike Racer

Taronium says:
Ah rats, I totally forgot to check for replies here, haha... sorry. Just crossed my mind again.
Hmmm...I have made another multilap that is rather bizarre in every regard EXCEPT the multilapping, hahaha... but it was unusual or is, rather, in every regard, I think. IF you say that "WildLife" does not fit the topic, please, let me know,
OH, and his_dudness: I don't think I like you. ;)

I've checked your track, and I think it fits the theme. Probably won't receive maximum points for the theme execution, but definitely shouldn't be disqualified.
Moped Racer

Apparently there is no "MT" category. :d :d :d :d :d

MT = useless but makes people waste time placing cameras instead of building a track.
Moped Racer

You honestly think the track is useful? Get a life! 8-|
Quad Bike Racer

Enai Siaion says:
Apparently there is no "MT" category. :d :d :d :d :d

MT = useless but makes people waste time placing cameras instead of building a track.

So true!! And also the main reason why I ain't uploading more tracks. If I could just upload them without all the mt-shizzle... I'm having 5 (!) finished tracks at my harddisks, that I won't release because I don't want to make mt...
Moped Racer

then don't make it and release... what's the problem.
Zimmer Racer
Page: 2 of 6 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem