Canyon is dead.
Page: 1 of 10
Post Reply  0 Observer
Canyon is dead.  
Edit by eyebo - Nov 1, 2013: Changed topic title to "Canyon is alive!"
Edit by eyebo - Mar 22, 2017: Changed title back to original. Sorry for changing it back then. My apologies.

I discovered Trackmania in 2008, and what an awesome 5 years it has been! At first I wasn't sure whether or not to purchase TMUF because surely it was going to be another dead multiplayer game? How wrong I was. 2008-2010 was probably the best time for Trackmania and I'm glad I was there.

Unfortunately, Nadeo made a ton of decisions I don't agree with, and neither does the community judging by the number of active servers. Life has a lot to offer, so there is no reason to stay behind in a ghost town and dwell on the past.

Maybe I'll be back when things come back to life... otherwise thanks for everything. You know who you are.
(Parting track: "»»» Canyon is Dead by   Enai Siaion, made just before arc_ stopped updating TM2 Unlimiter. You can't do this anymore)
Last edited by eyebo,
Moped Racer

Please advertise your tracks only on the 'Your Tracks' forum, in your own thread.

Thank you for respecting the rule in future

(y) 8-|
Last edited by MrA,
Surely Retired

Enai Siaion says:
arc_ stopped updating TM2 Unlimiter. You can't do this anymore)[/i]

So that's final..no more Unlimiter for current Canyon-shootmania Beta version... or future releases?

:|
G-kart Racer

First of all, I don't see Canyon dying anytime soon, considering that Stadium and Valley apparently are very different, but not universally "better". I'm already a die-hard Canyon fan and- whether servers are plenty or not- will continue to have fun with those that are still up and outside of it all, too.
I'm sad about the Unlimiter state of things, but suspect that sooner or later someone will pick it back up. However, I'm having good fun doing some legit maps right now, too. Takes a bit more caring and rethinking, but it has its powers, too.

So, as far as I'm concerned; Canyon is very much alive! ;)
Quad Bike Racer

Canyon is dead... for Enai.

Best of luck on future endeavours! I hope we see you around again someday! And I want to say a very specific thank you for the signpacks you made for MX. They're awesome, and beautify so many people's tracks. (l)

I've observed over the past hmm... maybe 2 to 3 years... TrackMania is going through a big transition within the community. A lot of old players have left, and the ones who are still around don't play as much as they once did. It may have to do with the game (some didn't like Canyon, no big secret there), or for some it might just be life... people taking on more responsibilities and having less time for gaming.

At the same time, there are new players coming all the time. I know this is a fact because I meet new players every time I play Canyon online. These are players with no ranking. They just got the game and are playing online for the first time. But perhaps not as many of these new players are joining in core community activities as they once did.

I also think a lot of the "community" has gradually become more and more decentralized. I notice a lot of people set up their own forums, facebook pages, etc. And a lot of the discussions we once had on the forums here on TMX/MX have moved to other places (even the MP forums).

For me, TM is still a fun game that lets you express your creativity through the Track Editor and the MediaTracker. And I still love trying other people's tracks and seeing what crazy ideas they come up with.

TM will be 10 years old later this year. That's a long time, especially in internet years. It's no wonder those of us who have been around a while have seen a lot of people come and go over the years.

Just know you're always welcome here Enai! Take care! (y)
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

Enai Siaion says:
I discovered Trackmania in 2008, and what an awesome 5 years it has been! At first I wasn't sure whether or not to purchase TMUF because surely it was going to be another dead multiplayer game? How wrong I was. 2008-2010 was probably the best time for Trackmania and I'm glad I was there.

How could you even know this without even being around from the beginning?

2004-2006 were the glory years

@eyebo jesus. TM's going to be 10 years soon? That means I'm almost 9 years playing this game.

shit.
Last edited by irondragons,
Moped Racer

yeah things tend to get pretty scary when you realize you've been playing a game longer than the most lasting relationship you've ever had.

into the 9years club too. jeez.
    md
Quad Bike Racer

irondragons says:
Enai Siaion says:

How could you even know this without even being around from the beginning?

2004-2006 were the glory years

@eyebo jesus. TM's going to be 10 years soon? That means I'm almost 9 years playing this game.

shit.

Because I wasn't around, so it couldn't be that good. Trust me, I'm an engineer.
The Green Dude

You guys are all wrong about when the best time was...

Enai, you say 2008-2010. And you started playing in 2008, no shocker then.

ID started playing in 2004, and he says 2004-2006, same thing.

I started playing in 2007, maybe I had the most fun with TM 2007-2009. Maybe the first 2 years of your TM career is always the best, new things to discover and you improve a lot etc. etc.

People (goes for pretty much everyone) look back at nostalgic memories and have too high thoughts about them.

Everyone has been saying TM is dead as long as I have played TM (for reference, 6 years now...) That all the good players are gone and so on. Not noticing that new great players are emerging instead.. People were upset nadeo closed the TM powerup demo, people were upset nations would take focus away from the older games, people were upset TMU was nothing new, people were upset with freezones, people were upset with Canyon being bad and not A new stadium, people are upset the new stadium is nothing new.... And so it goes on.........................

This goes to everyone, not only TM players but whoever might misclick on google or whatever:

STOP HOLDING ON TO THE PAST

Things were worse in the past. Everything was. Nostalgia dillutes your memories. So stop looking back, you can't get it back anyway so why even bother?

//Tuta - Spokesperson for the future
· · · – – – · · ·

^ True that. :$
Site Leader
Page: 1 of 10 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem