Location: Home  Community Forums  General  Rant : Stop forcing what you want to see in a track on other... 
Rant : Stop forcing what you want to see in a track on other people. Seriously.
Page: 2 of 6
Locked  0 Observer

Ofc, you build your map how you want. But then you also want the other people to like it, don't you? So, if almost everyone tell you something is bad, why keeping it? Because you personnaly like it? Yeah, but why uploading your map at MX then? ^^
Moped Racer

maybe just for storing them in the internet? like backup? ^^
Zimmer Racer

peteypablo7 says:
perhaps saying that a person makes tracks for himself might not be the right thing
however, I can surely agree about the fact if you say that you build tracks the way YOU like, not what OTHERS like
[...]
just my thoughts ^^

I can disagree with your post, partially.

Of course, everyone (I hope so) builds tracks on the way THEY want their tracks to be. But some people do NOT like the way you build (a part) of your track, in this case the PF start.
So what, may I not mention that I prefer a non-PF start because I'd like to drive instead of watch 20 seconds every time I fail? Of course, you don't have to listen to me. I don't force you. It's just my opinion on your track. Indeed - MY opinion. You can't change my opinion, as it's still mine.

And according to the subject - nobody here FORCES you to build a track without PF start. Nobody. We just PREFER a track without a PF start. It's your audience. And that audience got a certain preference. Mixed preferences.
Deal with them all.

Anyway, I also hear people mowing about my track "UMGG TOO LESS DRIFFFTSSSS UUUMMMGGGGG". I like it the way it is as it holds some speed in the track, but I also prefer some drifts.
So, I don't have a 100% drift track, rather 25%. Some people tell me "ADD MOAR DRIFTS NAO". I like my track the way it is. I don't add more. So what? They don't force me.
Segmentation fault

Whoa whoa. I wouldn't keep default as "If builder doesn't ask for feedback, don't give feedback". So far this is the first time I heard of sb complaining about getting feedback :o . If you don't like feedback, just say in track description "I will ignore any feedback".
I personally hate awards which just say "Nice track". How can I improve as a builder if nobody points out what they are missing in my tracks?

But I get your point. I won't award your track unless I think it's perfect ;)
G-kart Racer

to me MX awards aren't to be compared with academy awards.
Look at it this way: an academy award is given after numerous reviews. some bad, some average, some good.

If you compare it to mania exchange, you can say bad reviews are filtered out completely, average reviews go in the comments section and good reviews go in the awards section.

The academy award aka oscar is a special award, comparable with for instance "Classic tracks"..

Good reviews can still point out parts they didn't like, as long as the main focus is on stuff they liked.

Now about the building what you like and releasing it on mx..

Trackmania isn't a mass production game, it's a creative game
So please don't release what you don't like. 90 % of those tracks aren't worth driving anyways as they simply lack any form of inspiration.
loves Foolspeed

FT»Joyeux says:
Ofc, you build your map how you want. But then you also want the other people to like it, don't you? So, if almost everyone tell you something is bad, why keeping it? Because you personnaly like it? Yeah, but why uploading your map at MX then? ^^

++

Posting a map on MX indicates you want to get it out to the community. If you know they won't like it, you're wasting both their time and your time. :(
Moped Racer

I, for one, absolutely detest push-forward starts, especially long ones. What's the point? Sure, it looks cool, but it's essentially just adding tons of wait time before you're in control. You're more or less just making us wait longer before we can actually get to play.

But Fox, they look so pretty and awesome!
Sure, the first 2 times you see it. Then it gets boring. Then it gets maddening.

ID, I love you, I have so for many years. Many of the tracks you made for TMU are my favourite of all time. But goddamnit, this topic just reeks of pretension and I'm calling you out on it. Nobody gives a damn about your push-foward start; we just want to play the damn game instead of sitting around, waiting.

You're free to make your track the way you want, nobody is telling you that you can't. But you can't expect us to like every single party of your track. That's just nonsense.
You see, there's a reason you're allowed to add comments to awards; it's feedback. Your thoughts on the track. If I like 95% of the track and dislike 5% of it, Imma let you know what I didn't like - why wouldn't I? I'm not telling you to do things differently, I'm just telling you what part you didn't like. I'm merely using the award system like I'm supposed to.
Last edited by Poorly Taxidermied Fox,
Learner Driver

I agree mostly with what ID says, except the raging that might have diluted the point a little.

Build tracks for yourself, if people like them that's cool. Or build them for a purpose, that's cool too. New games require innovators, and ID has certainly been one of those since TM began. People can critique, but just try and see the bigger picture. It's in beta, and ID's testing it. I think the PF's great btw.
Learner Driver

Sometimes this kind of attitude hurts me too. When people come to your track page and write "hey, look, this is not what most of us like" as if to say: please don't be creative. On the other hand, you can just ignore those comments.

Generally I like to point out what I don't like in a track, because I think that's what its builder expected to see uploading it. Most people do it for that reason, I think... some people just want attention and awards, and there is also irondragons who just wants to share his awesomeness, so leave him alone please ^^.
Learner Driver

That's ID who is opening a thread. That's him who doesn't leave us alone, don't mix up the facts. :cool:

The two last guys who posted are a bit right, but pretty wrong as well. I never ever saw a comment saying "this is not what we like, change of style." But the sentences such as "that part isn't that great, would be cool if you could change it, or improve it" are totally normal! ;)
Last edited by FT»Joyeux,
Moped Racer
Page: 2 of 6 Locked
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem