Location: Home  Community Forums  General  My thread was renamed and I can't figure out why. 
My thread was renamed and I can't figure out why.
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
My thread was renamed and I can't figure out why.  
My track thread, formerly Sector 0x00000000: Tracks by Windows 3.1, was renamed to Tracks by Windows 3.1 by BLiNNeMaNS. I know that the site discussion section isn't a good place to put a thread like this (neither is anywhere else), but there's no PM system at the moment.

I'm just curious as to why my thread was renamed. On the old forum people were allowed to have custom titles (My old thread was named Adeptus Astartes Battle Maps), so what is going on?

I'm guessing it's because the custom title could be mistaken for a track name (I actually made a track named that in TMUF), but I intended the title to be a reference to the first RAM address on a computer (and the one that's displayed when a BSOD happens for a reason other than a RAM error).

I'd rename it back, but I don't want to get into a renaming war with a moderator.
Last edited by Phoenyx Imperius,
Rise from the ashes!

I PM'd Blinnemans about this and he said threads should only contain the name of the builder and nothing else.

This totally explains why half of the threads do not follow this rule.
Moped Racer

Then it's a difference of interpretation, although I didn't see a rules section in the MX Tracks section.

As much as forums tend to say that a moderator's say is final, sometimes this can actually cause issues between moderators and even admins. I've seen it tear forums in two in the past.
Last edited by Phoenyx Imperius,
Rise from the ashes!

Blinnemans got angry when I mentioned this over PM. :$
Moped Racer

My fault for not making the rules clear to either you guys or to the moderators :$

I made a new rules thread at the top of the tracks forum and you will be pleased to know the rules are a bit more relaxed.

I guess we can call this thread done :)
Last edited by MrA,
Surely Retired

Go ahead and lock it.
Rise from the ashes!

The reason there was this mistake:
on TMNFX, users' threads in the Your Tracks forum are only allowed to be called "Tracks by yourname"
on TMUX, anything goes. Blinn was operating under the TMNFX rules :p

Locked.
Sports Saloon Racer
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem