Location: Home  Community Forums  Projects & Competitions  Public building project - CopyCats, i guess would be a fitti... 
Public building project - CopyCats, i guess would be a fitting name!
Page: 4 of 4
Post Reply  0 Observer

Why freaking out blinn? Who cares about a map? I'd feel honored if a part of my map was taken, like nitro is, andisch's project is not to secretly steal all transitions and pretend it's his ones. If you don't agree that's ok, but don't be frustrated, we won't stop it for your personal pleasure. You don't wanna contribute to an original and cool community project, ok, but everyone else does, so just get back to your loneliness and let us have fun.
Last edited by FT»Joyeux,
Moped Racer

agreed
if the map is public work and will be published on a public account it isnt stealing
its just fun
like joy i would be very happy if sb would pick my map
Beetle Racer

As some have said before this project clearly doesn't fall in the "steal and pass as your own" category.

What I did with the track piece I chose from div was to use it first and then tell div I had done it because I strongly suspected he would't mind (he didn't, he felt honoured)

I think given the public nature of the project its ok to use the tracks, if anyone whose track bit gets picked doesn't like it all he has to do is say so and we can remove it no problem, no big fuss.

More importantly, who's up to add the next track piece? :)

Download the current track here

add up to 10 seconds of track that you think fits well and post here

thanks!
Quad Bike Racer

i'm not freaking out at all, just add "ask the original author if it's okay" and you got yourself a great project.
If a part of a track of mine is interesting enough and you ask i'll probably say yes.

It's the assumption you can take whatever you like that bothers me.
loves Foolspeed

"So NO! your assumption you can do whatever you want with a track isn't correct. Trackbuilders used to pass protect to prevent crap like this, but more and more have chosen not to just to allow new trackbuilders to see how certain blocks are connected, not for those without inspiration to mess up the flow and crappify the hell out of their tracks. "

Why do you take your only opinion as if it was a statement? The statement seems only working for yourself actually, so I don't really see what you expect with your rant. If any project had to be cancelled because one random guy didn't like it, the world wouldn't go far. You can say quietly an idea isn't cool to you, and bring an useful suggestion (like "maybe we should first ask the author what they think about it") but being that shocked for such a kind project and showing it that much isn't gonna change anything, rather make us think we don't even have to bother listening to you since you're frustrated for no real reason. Because, yeah, you were frustrated in these posts, you didn't just ask one sentence to be added, it's as if the world was gonna burn and andisch was responsible of this. ^^
Last edited by FT»Joyeux,
Moped Racer

I think there is no need to blow this out of proportion :-)

We can send a PM to the track author asking if they mind, I don't think it's a big deal.

However sometimes some authors don't login to MX for weeks (or months) or just don't reply to PMs.
In these cases I think you should just use the track piece, if the author ends up not liking it we can always remove it later.

Quad Bike Racer

You could always PM them on MP Forum too, since then they get an email. I often do this when I really need to get in touch with someone.
Site Leader

eyebo says:
You could always PM them on MP Forum too, since then they get an email. I often do this when I really need to get in touch with someone.

Good idea
Quad Bike Racer

pfm says:

More importantly, who's up to add the next track piece? :)

Download the current track here

add up to 10 seconds of track that you think fits well and post here

thanks!

bump!
Anyone care to add the next piece? :-)
Quad Bike Racer

would be so awesome to continue this (l)
Beetle Racer
Page: 4 of 4 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem