Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC Theme suggestions 
MTC Theme suggestions
Page: 19 of 27
Post Reply  1 Observer

FT»lolig says:
I know the theme's I suggest now have been mentioned before, and been done in earlier MTC's on TMX.

Island hopping:
- you can build a map on 3-5(or more) spaces X by X (example: 5x5)
(only scenery can be build outside these area's.)
- you have to cross at least 2 times from One "Island" to another one.
- Each island can only be used once.

Build Inside or Outside of the given shape:
(just as we did on tmx the Build outside the sheep)
- A base map will be given for each enviroment.
- Your task is to build a map within the given shape or outside it (specified by the rules)

We just had that theme a month ago at the tmx mtc :s wouldn't be interested at all.

Announcement & Results
Last edited by iHq/fredair.esu,
Beetle Racer

corrected myself :p
Moped Racer
Sort by...  
This seems like something that would have been done before. If it has been, sorry!

In this theme, you have to arrange your start, checkpoints, and endpoints in either ascending or descending order by elevation. For example, put your start at height 1, CP1 at height 3, CP2 at height 4, and an endpoint at height 7. Some specifics are below.

- The only blocks that need to be "sorted" are the start blocks, CP blocks, and end blocks.
- The blocks must be built in order of intended route. Therefore, the car must pass each checkpoint higher or lower than the previous one, depending on the direction built.
- The block must have part of its clip higher or lower than the previous block's clips (depending on which way you decide to build), and it must never have part of its clip pass the previous block's clips in the incorrect direction. For example: CP1 uses height 4 and the track is being built upwards. CP2 can encompass heights 4 and 5, since it still has part of its clip above CP1. If CP2 encompassed heights 3, 4, and 5, that would be invalid since part of its clip goes below CP1. If CP2 only encompassed height 4, that would be invalid since it did not build upwards in any way.
- The elevation of the vehicle does not matter; only the position of the blocks matters.
- A multilap block on a lapped course counts as either a start or an end, and therefore can be either the highest or lowest point of the course. If the course is not lapped, treat it as a start block.
MTC Host
MTC Host

MTC July will be postponed slightly further due to a computer upgrade. More news later today

EDIT: I'm the worst, sorry ( 'w')

Tonight after the Sonic block at SGDQ I should be downloading the MP game. I'm already considering two wildly different ideas from other MTCs that haven't been done in MP and one of the ideas posted here over the past few weeks, once everything is ready I will probably open the new thread.

Off-Topic: If you like fasts I suggest you go watch that sonic block. I've been watching some of the runners and they are positively insane.
Last edited by FT»Osaka,
The Green Dude

shall anyone else host this' month's edition?
Beetle Racer

fredair.esu says:
shall anyone else host this' month's edition?

Yes, Please
G-kart Racer

It's taken me longer than I expected to consider the themes, not to mention that a third one popped in my head.

Anyways, don't worry too much about it because I think I'll go with a two-month setup this time because I gotta get everything ready on my end and the holidays are coming. I'll be posting the theme this weekend.

[spoiler]It's definitely long maps[/spoiler]
Last edited by FT»Osaka,
The Green Dude
Theme Idea  
Theme idea:
All types of roads and ground must be driven on.

For Canyon:
Ground (dirt); GP; Platform; Narrow road and tunnels

For Stadium:
Grass or Dirt ground; track; Dirt road; elevated dirt road; tunnels; and black and white windowed thingy (WTF is it called anyways)

For Valley:
Grass or Farm Ground; Platform; narrow road; large road; tunnels; dirt road and swamp road (that's its name, right?)

Some might argue that good mappers tend to use everything anyways but I think that might be a good thing since it means a track will have to be really good to stand out from the others, so people will try to be as creative as possible (or so I think :p )
Learner Driver

FT»Osaka says:
It'd be very hard to quantify and police, and then there's how most restrictions aren't mutually exclusive with most building styles.

haha lul pff nice joke
Beetle Racer
Different themes for september:  
Some ideas

"Transition Time: " says:
Build at least 8 different Road-to-road / Platform-to-Platfrom / Road-to-Platform / Platform-to-Road transitions / Road-to-dirt / etc transitions

"Pick your themes:" says:

• You must choose 3 themes that have been used in earlier MTCs.
  • Then, your task is to build a track which correspond to all the combined rules.
  • You can't combine themes that are too similar to each other. Write up which themes you've used in the Author Comments and/or in the intro of the track.

• "Best Scenery:" says:
    Only Scenery counts, trajectory isn’t important at all

"50%-50%" says:
    Build a map which consists of 2 different surfaces, both have to be 50% of the map, doesn’t matter if you go for 50% + 50% or completly mix it up

"Mixed Up Styles:" says:
    A) Build a dirt map with at least 10 different non-dirt blocks and at least 4 road sections
    B) Build a Fullspeed, SpeedTech, RPG, or Tech map with at least 10 different dirtblocks and 4 different offroad sections

"55 blocks:" says:
    Build a map with at least 55 different blocks

"Into the Sky:" says:
    Build a map where the Startblock is at the lowest possible height (ground, not under the earth) and the finish at the highest possible height

"Drop it!:" says:
    Build a map where the Startlock is at the heighest possible height and the finish at the lowest possible height (ground, not under the earth)

"One Direction:" says:
    All CPs have to face in the same direction

"Transition Overdose:" says:
    Build a track that contains at least 15 transitions in under 45 seconds
    Beetle Racer
    Page: 19 of 27 Post Reply
    © ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem