Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC Theme suggestions 
MTC Theme suggestions
Page: 20 of 27
Post Reply  1 Observer

fredair.esu says:
FT»Osaka says:
It'd be very hard to quantify and police, and then there's how most restrictions aren't mutually exclusive with most building styles.

haha lul pff nice joke

Oh hey look everything went exactly as I feared.

Fuck the fuck off.
The Green Dude

FT»Osaka says:
fredair.esu says:
FT»Osaka says:
It'd be very hard to quantify and police, and then there's how most restrictions aren't mutually exclusive with most building styles.

haha lul pff nice joke

Oh hey look everything went exactly as I feared.

Fuck the fuck off.

Yo Dude just chill a bit man for fucksake

To the community: Is there anyway that we can get a MTC for September there may be any Admin i Just want a MTC.. Good Quote message fredair left was the one from pick 3 themes i will enjoy that one... Peace Out
G-kart Racer

I don't know if there will be any official MTC for September, but I know at least one person said they'd be willing to host a community-run one. I'd also be willing to host, and I'm sure there are others who would be fine hosting it themselves as well. I suppose the question for the moment is who will be hosting for September.
MTC Host
MTC Host

I have a friend willing to guest-host an official one with a very interesting theme from what I've seen. A bit convoluted but at the same time it's built against this kind of debacle happening again.

I'd be looking forward for it.

And if someone is willing to run a different one they can drop me a line and I'll give it some visibility as well.
The Green Dude

Arkive says:
I don't know if there will be any official MTC for September, but I know at least one person said they'd be willing to host a community-run one. I'd also be willing to host, and I'm sure there are others who would be fine hosting it themselves as well. I suppose the question for the moment is who will be hosting for September.

Go Go Go Arkive host us a nice one bruh ;)
G-kart Racer

new month new mtc? :d waiting 8-|
Moped Racer

Here's one. I call it the Three Turn Rule. You build a track that features an S-Turn(Not a chicane, but a 90 degree turn one way and a 90 degree turn the other way right after), a U-Turn, and a turn that has a one block gap jump between the next turn at least twice during the map.
Last edited by sonixerik,
Old Age Caravanner

99 Problems but a Block Ain't One

In this theme, you can only place up to 99 blocks (this number could easily be changed; I have no idea what the average number of blocks used in any given map is). Landscaping doesn't count towards the total, but items do (if items are allowed).

I'm not sure how easy it would be to monitor this kind of a theme, so it may just be too difficult to do.
MTC Host
MTC Host

@ arkive: a map around 30 seconds takes around 500 & up blocks for me if i open an unfinished map with TMunlimiter2

Alternate Reallity

The theme: build a map in any style you wish to within the given criteria. but you know there is a twist:
the map should contain a main route but also a hidden route (both are do-able) but yet how are we going to hide this new route?
will it appear if you drive at a certain speed? will a wall move? thats up to you!
(in the MT and with objects you can make such things happen. I've seen them on rpg maps in the past.)
also try to give these alternative routes an alternate feeling with for example: distarted area's. colour changes etc...

anything that will make these alternative routes feel offworld.
Last edited by FT»lolig,
Moped Racer

I like your idea Arkive, but as lolig said, maps take a ton of blocks. Even more, it's very hard to know beforehand how many blocks a map has, and there's probably nothing more tedious than opening a map in the editor to count the number of blocks it has ( 'w')

I think it could be done as a "building in a budget" type of deal, within a copper count instead of a block count. Makes more sense and it's easier to check.

As for Lolig's idea, it's pretty cool but that sounds more like a 2 month contest. It's already hard enough to make a single route within the alloted time, imagine a second one and hiding it xD I'll keep this one in mind for next summer tho.

On sonixerik's idea I feel as if it'd yield very similar maps. The average MTC has a 90 second max for the tracks, and tracks are generally around half of that. The sequence you are talking about would take around 7 seconds to drive in valley and quite possibly longer on canyon or stadium (since you can't just change your direction in those envis). Locking 20 seconds of a track that most likely will be under 50.

In general, themes that can be read as "you are forced into this section multiple times" end in a lot of the same, because driving flow doesn't always allow for said combinations so you have to force them in, and then you can't have them consecutively or the map's boring...
Last edited by FT»Osaka,
The Green Dude
Page: 20 of 27 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem