Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC Theme suggestions 
MTC Theme suggestions
Page: 21 of 27
Post Reply  1 Observer

small idea i got after reading Osaka's comment about Sonerik's idea:

Twisted Fate

pretty similar to what sonerik's suggestion but allows more creativity while creating the map:

theme: The car has to twist all the time. (twist: change direction: this can be done going on the X & Y ax)
the car can't drive straight for XX seconds. objects can help you to make "twists" on straight blocks wich allows them to be placed.

example: start: with 2 straight blocks but made a small slalom to place the car in the right direction to get the next turn, straight part going over into a diagonall route going up/down. CP U-turn, etc..;

it should be easy to do. just my explenation may make it look harder then it is :p
Moped Racer

FT»Osaka says:
I think it could be done as a "building in a budget" type of deal, within a copper count instead of a block count. Makes more sense and it's easier to check.

Hasn't that been done before? I know it has at some point for the TMU/TMNF MTC (not sure which/when), but I guess it might not have for TM2 (not since I've joined, anyways). I was trying to come up with a sort of variation on that, since a giant structure would cost the same as a segment of road in my theme.

It's certainly not a perfect theme, though. I completely agree that counting by hand would be way too tedious, not to mention the likeliness that blocks would be left uncounted or accidentally counted twice. Perhaps a script could do it, but I haven't worked with them and don't know their limits. I also realized after posting that the theme would likely discourage fullspeed or other faster paced maps, since they naturally need more blocks than slower maps.
MTC Host
MTC Host

This is just a wild idea; One ring to rule them all
Build a track which has to be a multilap
-minimum 2 (3?) laps
-all laps must be different
-only allowed to have one ring cp
could be interesting to se how mapper implement 2 (3) different routes for 1 cp
Quad Bike Racer

The idea is that the only CP is the ring one right?

I'd have to see how it can be expanded to other environments (maybe with CP objects and stuff), but I'll have it in mind. I'm pretty sure that's similar to one of Snake's maps from previous MTCs and I think Cool-T did something similar on mini-laps back in united, but it'd be nice to see how it can be done as a theme.
The Green Dude

You know that having just one ring CP in a multilap map is actually very easy to cut? you go to the ring, you hit respawn, and you respawn at the start/finish line :p The theme is interesting though, but it needs respawnable CPs for multilap purposes ^^ (or not be a multilap map altogether)
G-kart Racer

A good way to fix that is to make the first lap much longer than the rest ( 'w')
The Green Dude

FT»Osaka says:
CP objects and stuff

As far as I know, it is not possible to create custom non-respawnable checkpoint objects as embeddable objects which would rule out Valley and Canyon. Also, this theme is probably quite similar to "Unusual Multilap", which we had only a few months ago ;)
Buffer Overflow

Stunts:
  • Build a map where you implement at least stunts (eg. flips / screws - just any kind of flip that is done without permanent contact to the surface).
  • Loops / Tubes / Turnovers don't count - the car has to be in the air while doing the stunt
  • Maybe allow PX maps & Titlepacks

Code:
    Changelog: Added some info about the definition of a stunt.
    Last edited by iHq/fredair.esu,
  • Beetle Racer

fredair.esu says:
    Stunts:
  • Build a map where you implement at least stunts (eg. flips / screws).
  • Loops / Tubes / Turnovers don't count - the car has to be in the air while doing the stunt
  • Maybe allow PX maps & Titlepacks

• This idea started me thinking...how about this:

1. The car has to be in the air for at least half of the total driving time.
    and
    2. For time to count as being "in the air" it has to last for at least 2 seconds--take-off to touch-down.
    Track Slacker

pjw says:
    1. The car has to be in the air for at least half of the total driving time.

This restriction looks almost impossible to me for building a flow & smooth stadium map, since you don't have access to the 256³ basemap in TrackMania 2 Stadium & Stadium maps tend do have rather low airtime in compare to the time you are touching the ground. If you don't know what I'm talking about, watching this video, might help. Maps of this type tend do have large jump section where you generate airtime, this one not that much, but it's the best I could find.
    Valley might have some trouble too, not sure.
    Canyon might be the only enviroment, where this theme can find a proper execution, since those maps tend to have high airtime, a fitting example: "SIn CIty by   v.neck

Nevertheless a good idea, but it needs a revamp to make it possible for all 3 enviroments.

btw: Ben, why did you make you the ibc levitate video private
    Last edited by iHq/fredair.esu,
    Beetle Racer
    Page: 21 of 27 Post Reply
    © ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem