Location: Home  Community Forums  Projects & Competitions  Nadeo's 10 Year Contests 
Nadeo's 10 Year Contests
Page: 1 of 6
Post Reply  0 Observer
Nadeo's 10 Year Contests  
Right about now, Trackmania is 10 Years Old!, which means its 10 years since the first TrackMania game. In recognition of this, Nadeo are running a series of Creative Competitions!.

Contest Links
Car Creation Contest
Video Creation Contest
Track Creation Contest

Uploading entries to Mania Exchange
For the track creation contest, we made a site update..... track groups! If you upload your track entry to ManiaExchange using our Special TM 10th Anniversary Upload Link, then the map will still be listed under your own account, but all maps uploaded via that link are attached to the group as well, making your entry easy for everyone else to find...

Track Group Listing: Special TM 10th Anniversary Tracks List Link

Please check the offical rules Nadeo have provided in their own posts for the full details, but here is a summary of the track building rules

Hard Rules
o Players may only use TrackMania2 Stadium.
o First 10-15 seconds as PF that leads into a jump.
o Use a [10th] tag in the map title
o No custom signs, graphics, music, mods
o Upload your map to Steam (cough!) or ManiaExchange (click!)
o Post a link to your upload here: Link Submission Page

Uploading to MX
Use our special TM 10th Anniversary upload link

Soft Rules
o 3-5 second intro is encouraged (longer not encouraged)
o Copper Cost: Please try to not exceed 5000.

Building Advise
Build so a beginner can drive the track. The track length should be 40-50 Seconds. Players should be able to complete the track in one attempt. No section should require “perfection” in driving or speed... (if you can think back so far, think about StarTrack). Respwans should work.

Nadeo Deadlines
◾November 24th: Submission Deadline for Tracks.
◾November 29th: 20 Semi-Finalists Announced, Community Voting Starts.
◾December 6th: Deadline for Community Voting, Finalists Announced
◾December 14th: 10th Anniversary LAN Event, Car Contest Results [Top 3]
Last edited by MrA,
Surely Retired

So the two main links for MX users ;)

Special TM 10th Anniversary Upload Link
Special TM 10th Anniversary Downloads Link

(y)

Be sure to also provide Nadeo with the your entry via their submission page for map links.
Last edited by MrA,
Surely Retired

Still no indications from Nadeo that they have any intention to change the rule on only allowing 60 entries, so until that changes (and it may not), we must advise you to get cracking on your entry and submit it as soon as its ready.
Surely Retired

Dear Nadeo, why only Stadium? :-w
MX Supporter

they said that it's only stadium to make judging easier and fairer.
Zimmer Racer

They could have chosen to award the best Valley, the best Canyon and the best Stadium track.
MX Supporter

I say boycott the contest
Quad Bike Racer

I wanted to submit a troll track just to hog a spot and screw someone else to teach Nadeo a lesson, but then I decided they're good enough at screwing themselves and I'd rather work on a Skyrim mod with more downloads than Valley sold copies.
Moped Racer

Enai Siaion says:
I wanted to submit a troll track just to hog a spot and screw someone else to teach Nadeo a lesson, but then I decided they're good enough at screwing themselves and I'd rather work on a Skyrim mod with more downloads than Valley sold copies.

Technically speaking, the track I submitted BEFORE acknowledging the "only Stadium rule" is a troll track. I don't want to delete it either.
MX Supporter

erikfzr says:
Technically speaking, the track I submitted BEFORE acknowledging the "only Stadium rule" is a troll track. I don't want to delete it either.

The special MX link is simply to group our own entries, Nadeo wont pay attention to our group.
The link (URL) of your map must be submitted to them via their upload page.
You can't unsubmit from that page even if you wanted to.

I guess you can modify the map uploaded to MX (as the URL wont change), but if Nadeo are downloading submissions as they arrive, then it would be pointless. I would suppose that [i]until[/u] they download the map, any changes would still be valid, even though their rules say you may not change a map once submitted.
Last edited by MrA,
Surely Retired
Page: 1 of 6 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem