Location: Home  Community Forums  Map Requests  [OLD] KO -Track building (2) 
[OLD] KO -Track building (2)
Page: 5 of 7
Locked  0 Observer

Wait... we just played the KO 4 maps... and aside the fact we drove a 45 second map which is too long for 2 finishes in 1:30 (which was the original idea) we've been playing maps about 30-40 secs long. That is fine for the idea... but why are you asking for maps with the author time being under 25 seconds? :s

I've made 2 KO4 tracks now (~20 secs and ~23 secs long). They're definetely shorter than the Canyon KO ones we've just been playing on. They could be finished 3 or even 4 times in those 1:30. So what are we gonna do? submitting still maps with AT under 25 secs? or adjusting it so it fits with those Canyon maps? 8-|
G-kart Racer

Quick question: I created a KO map recently which was accepted. I'm assuming the d/l restriction is lifted at some point, after it's been played, but when is that?

Does a track author have any way of knowing when the d/l restriction on their track will be lifted?
Track Slacker

As far as I'm informed the restriction won't be lifted at any point to make the competition as fair as possible.
G-kart Racer

mazer says:
As far as I'm informed the restriction won't be lifted at any point to make the competition as fair as possible.

I guess I'm not clear on how Knockouts work then. I thought that older tracks were eventually "retired" in favor of new tracks?

If that's not the case, then why are new knockout maps "always needed" as mentioned in the first post? If new maps are always needed, that sounds like there's a shortage of maps, which means older ones aren't getting re-used.

I feel like I'm missing something.
Track Slacker

Maps are going into pools (KO1,KO2,KO3,KO4[,KO6]) and those pools are rotating from week to week. So they want to have more maps to make the KO less repetitive.
G-kart Racer

mazer says:
Maps are going into pools (KO1,KO2,KO3,KO4[,KO6]) and those pools are rotating from week to week. So they want to have more maps to make the KO less repetitive.

Ah, I get it now. So there are multiple rotating pools and they just want to have more pools in the rotation.

That makes sense--thanks for clarifying!
Track Slacker

I mistake has been noticed (and fixed) in the first post. To clarify
KO4 maps should be (author time) under 38 seconds

Edit I would expect the minimum to be 35
Last edited by Mikey,
Beetle Racer

Is there a minimum? :$
G-kart Racer

mazer says:
Is there a minimum? :$

+1
I made them <25s :|
MX Supporter

An unofficial rule is no Block mixing.
Maps may occasionally be accepted with block mixing, but only when it is done as an essential minimum or is absolutely totally implemented in a bug free way. But mostly will be rejected, especially when it hinders normal fun flowing racing or in a style that is not suitbale for KO use.
However in the future we may open a pool especially for block mixing.
Beetle Racer
Page: 5 of 7 Locked
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem