Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC January 2015 - Custom Cameras 
MTC January 2015 - Custom Cameras
Page: 1 of 4
Post Reply  0 Observer
MTC January 2015 - Custom Cameras  

Welcome to the very first ManiaExchange Monthly Track Contest (MTC) of this year, January 2015.

In the MTC, your task is to build a track on a given theme (see below). Later on, all of the entered tracks will be rated by our judges and a winner will be found.

• Theme of the Month: Custom Cameras
    Your task is to build a track using a forced custom camera, which has a different perspective than the standard Nadeo cameras. You could create a helicopter cam, a backwards forced camera, a camera that is always locked to one position and doesn't move, a vertical camera or whatever you desire.

• Deadline
    All tracks should be submitted by the end of Monday, January 19th 2015, CET.

• Prize
    :gold: Honour and the right to brag! (Jozii used to say that. I hope anyone still remembers him? :p)
    :gold: Top 3 tracks will be featured in the News section, getting extra spotlight.
    :gold: The winner will receive a showcase of a track of his choice (< 10 awards)

• Rules
    • Use one or multiple custom cameras that are forced, so there is no way going around them. The driver should not drive any part of your map with a normal camera.
    • Custom objects
    • Envimixing is allowed
    • Blockmixing is allowed! Just make sure to build no flickering textures and no ugly mixing to avoid point deduction in the polishing category.
    • Custom Titlepacks are allowed
    • 1 map per author
    • Include the sequence of letters MTC somewhere in the track name so that it can be easily discovered on mania-exchange.com.
    • To enter a track, simply upload it and post a link to your submission in the Submission Thread

• The Judging System
    We think this system works well:
    Each judge will rate every track using the following categories:
    • :award: Route:
      Flow, smoothness, layout, speed, diversity, transitions, difficulty, etc.
      The general "feel" of the track while driven.
      Max. 15 points/judge
    • :award: Theme:
      The judges will look at how creatively you implement the theme into the track.
      Max. 15 points/judge
    • :award: Polishing:
      Signage, Scenery, MT. Does your track feel like it has the finishing (visual) touches?
      Max. 10 points/judge
    • :award: Fun Factor:
      Depending on how fun the judges find your track, some extra points can be given.
      Max. 10 points/judge

• We need 5 reliable and committed judges!
    So if you have a bit of time to spare especially in the week after the deadline and want to volunteer as a judge, please contact us!

Good luck, and as always: If you have any questions, please ask :)

Last edited by haenry,
gado is a

Did I just hear

custom camera
Last edited by Ozon,
site development, media
Developer

Yes i believe you did ozon! :p

Should be a very interesting theme this month, cant wait for the entries to come in! :o
Quad Bike Racer

Ozon says:
Did I just hear

custom camera

Haha, this one is right down your alley :cool: Maybe you could make it like one of your videos? Nah, that would be too hard to drive with all your insane cams :d

Interesting theme indeed, but I'm going to have to sit this one out :/
Last edited by Zack11,
Moped Racer

I believe this one will be very difficult, as noone is really used to drive with a custom camera :'(
site development, media
Developer

That's somehow the whole point of it, isn't it?

Custom cameras can add a lot of fun to a track, as they add a lot of diversity to regular driving :)
gado is a

Do not fail teh misson soulja
Moped Racer

well does the custom cam. have to be a static one or could I use a "Pad camera" and make some perspective on it while driving,
ex.:
- Cam goes further away from the car when accelerating.
- Cam does not 100% follow the car when jumping (cam keeps a bit centered)
- Cam tilts like on a wallride but during a normal turn.
- etc..

anyways prob won't finish in time just fixedmy broken computer XD
Moped Racer

It doesn't matter, as long as you don't drive with a default cam at a point.
haenry says:
You could create a helicopter cam, a backwards forced camera, a camera that is always locked to one position and doesn't move, a vertical camera or whatever you desire.

A tip to others: remember to force a custom camera on respawns ;)
Moped Racer

Hey , any way to force the cam not to show 3d skins?

e/ Hm the deadline says january of 2014? xD
Last edited by AR »DrHugs.,
Quad Bike Racer
Page: 1 of 4 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem