Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC March 2015 - Mixed Styles 
MTC March 2015 - Mixed Styles
Page: 1 of 9
Post Reply  0 Observer
MTC March 2015 - Mixed Styles  

Welcome to the ManiaExchange Monthly Track Contest (MTC), March 2015.

In the MTC, your task is to build a track on a given theme (see below). Later on, all of the entered tracks will be rated and a winner will be found.

• Theme of the Month: Mixed Styles
    Build a map using 3 different styles: Dirt/Offroad + Fullspeed + Obstacle

• Deadline
    All tracks should be submitted before the end of Sunday 22nd, March 2015 PDT (To give our Americans a last full day to built too)

• Prize
    :gold: The winner of this MTC will be chosen as the author for the new ESL Author Cup. (more information in this news) (added on March 13)
    :gold: Honour and the right to brag! (Jozii used to say that. I hope anyone still remembers him? :p)
    :gold: Top 3 tracks will be featured in the News section, getting extra spotlight.
    :gold: The winner will receive a showcase of a track of his choice (< 10 awards)

• Rules
    • You must use all three styles
    • Dirt/Offroad: In Stadium and Valley Dirt roads and offroad parts are well defined. In Canyon you have to rely solely on Offroad parts due to the lack of dirt road (You might find custom objects helping here)
    • Fullspeed: The term "fullspeed" has a wide range. Typical elements are loopings, wallrides, big jumps, big turns and/or fast transitions. But fullspeed can also apply to slower sections of a map without these elements. I hope that as a Trackmaniac, you have an idea of what fullspeed is and what not.
    • Obstacle: In general those are sections, which are tricky to drive, usually with a lot of jumps. Platform or Trial will be counted as obstacle too in this MTC.
    • Custom objects allowed
    • Envimixing allowed
    • Blockmixing allowed! Just make sure to build no flickering textures because they're ugly.
    • Custom Titlepacks are allowed
    • 1 map per author
    • Include the sequence of letters MTC somewhere in the track name so that it can be easily discovered on mania-exchange.com.
    • To enter a track, simply upload it and post a link to your submission in the Submission Thread

• Judging
    We'll use the judging system of the BASCO 2014:
    • Everyone is allowed to judge, even players who submitted a map (just give your own map a 10)
    • In order to judge you will have to fill out a form and enter your name in a list on mx to verify your judging. (Here are the Details)
    • Every map will be judged with marks from 1 (bad) to 10 (good).
      Try to take the theme, creativity, the route and the scenery into account for judging. You give points for the whole map after all ;)
    • Note that you have to judge a stage entirely, you cannot judge only half of it.

Good luck, and as always: If you have any questions, please ask :)

EDIT: Object embedding tutorial
Last edited by haenry,
gado is a

Length?
Old Age Caravanner

Oh, I have an epic idea for this but most likely I won't have time to make an entry :| Good luck to those who have, though!
Last edited by Voyager006,
Moped Racer

There is no restriction to the length of a track ;)

oh sad to hear that, voy :s
gado is a

Count me in on this one ;) It does sound challenging.
Old Age Caravanner

make the lenght clear or you'll end up with a too long track by me again 8-| =p
Moped Racer

Make a decently long map or you'll end up with a too bad score from me 8-| =p
gado is a

12hours long map good?????
edit: nah to unreal imo for fs...
4hours than?

edit2: prob not enough time the next weeks :p
Last edited by FT»lolig,
Moped Racer

Custom Titlepacks means I can do 64x64 if I want, yes?
Old Age Caravanner

indeed, you can ;)
gado is a
Page: 1 of 9 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem