Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC June 2015 - Slope Madness 
MTC June 2015 - Slope Madness
Page: 1 of 8
Post Reply  0 Observer
MTC June 2015 - Slope Madness  

Welcome to the ManiaExchange Monthly Track Contest (MTC), June 2015.

In the MTC, your task is to build a track on a given theme (see below). Later on, all of the entered tracks will be rated and a winner will be found.
    Also this time, adsun made a lovely trailer:

• Theme of the Month: Slope Madness
    Build a map on which you only use banked parts of blocks.

• Deadline
    All tracks should be submitted before the end of Sunday 21st, June 2015 PDT (To give our Americans a last full day to built too)

• Prize
    :gold: The winner of this MTC will be chosen as the author for the new ESL Author Cup. (more information in this news)
    :gold: Honour and the right to brag! (Jozii used to say that. I hope anyone still remembers him? :p)
    :gold: Top 3 tracks will be featured in a video, getting extra spotlight.
    :gold: The top 3 winners will receive a showcase of a track of their choice (< 10 awards)

• Rules
    • Every block you drive on, has to visibly change the elevation of the car (examples at the end of this post).
    • Start, finish and 5 checkpoints are excluded from this rule. (ring cps in stadium count as banked too)
    • Custom blocks that fit the rules are allowed
    • Envimixing allowed
    • Blockmixing allowed! Just make sure to build no flickering textures because they're ugly.
    • Custom Titlepacks are allowed
    • No PressForward, PressBackward or pressAnyKey maps
    • 1 map per author
    • Include the sequence of letters MTC somewhere in the track name so that it can be easily discovered on mania-exchange.com.
    • To enter a track, simply upload it and post a link to your submission in the submission thread

• Judging
    We'll use the public judging system of the BASCO 2014:
    • Everyone is allowed to judge, even players who submitted a map (give your own map a 10)
    • Every map will be judged with marks from 1 (bad) to 10 (good).
    • Note that you have to judge a stage entirely, you cannot judge only half of it.
      More details will appear after submission ends

Good luck, and as always: If you have any questions, please ask :)

Object embedding tutorial

Time for examples.

In theory all blocks are allowed because they have walls, which you can use to drive on. For many blocks this is very hard to achieve though.
Blocks which are entirely red are generally forbidden

The dirt blocks in Stadium have technically an elevation on the sides that you could use, but it is so hard to force the car into these positions, that they are basically forbidden :p

Most of the blocks have green and red areas.
When you use these blocks, the car has to go over a banked (green) area. You are not allowed to use the red areas only. But you can use both areas.

The red path is a forbidden path.
The green paths are allowed.

gogogo :cool:
Last edited by haenry,
gado is a

That was early :d
Moped Racer

It's already June in China :p
gado is a

3 of the 4 pictures aren't visible :/
G-kart Racer

Oh sorry. I took them down because they were not entirely correct. I forgot to paint the walls green.
Now I updated better examples ;)
gado is a

Can somebody explainvto me, what kinds of blocks are allowed and which not pls, i dont understand it...
Moped Racer

Just some questions

Are ring cps allowed?
How about wallrides?
Driving on grass?
Does the scenery and gps have to fit the theme?
Last edited by Clearvision.wp,
Quad Bike Racer

I have one question :d
Is this part of block allowed ? :

If it's not, can I trade one straight CP for that one ? :$
Learner Driver

yes, ring cps are allowed.

I mentioned in the examples, that you are allowed to use every kind of wall. So sure are wallrides allowed. They are not parallel to the ground at all.

Sure you can drive on grass. The grass is already there, so it does not count as blocks. You cannot place it either.

Of course for scenery you can use any block that has a wall. So basically everything ;)

sorrow, does the height change in this green area? I don't think so. So that's a no :p
gado is a

Why is driving on Grass allowed? You could just build an offroad map that would be entirely flat which wouldn't be the goal of the theme at all. Just my thought about that :0
G-kart Racer
Page: 1 of 8 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem