Location: Home  Community Forums  General  Trackmania Stadium/Canyon/Valley - Windows and Linux ? 
Trackmania Stadium/Canyon/Valley - Windows and Linux ?
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
Trackmania Stadium/Canyon/Valley - Windows and Linux ?  
Hello everybody :)

I got a problem... I read in the german communitys about some news for Microsoft.
Sorry, for my english, .... let me confine myself to the essentials and be brief (Google-Translator :d ) Sorry, I dont know how I have to explain it... I want to show you a picture about Windows 10 :)

https://i.imgur.com/iHge6RJ.jpg

Its really official and not a secret... I am really shocked for that... :| :$ Let me quote what they said:

... says:
original from Microsoft

Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to...

We also obtain data from third parties (including other companies). The data we collect depends on the services and features you use, and includes the following. [...] Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.

And now I asked myself, if Trackmania works on Linux Mint or Ubuntu ? What do you mean about that ?
If this all true, I dont want to work anymore with Windows, then I install Linux, but Trackmania ? :'( :s

I would be glad about some comments.... :)

kind regards

astro

€dith

ok, I could show you the german post from the german community, but sorry, its not in english :$ :d :
http://www.computerbase.de/forum/showthread.php?t=1498233
Last edited by astroman,
Learner Driver

No unfortunately there is no Trackmania on Linux. Maybe whining on mania forums might force them to port it but i doubt it.
Old Age Caravanner

Hello maxi031 :)

thank you for your reply :)

oh damn, what a pity :$
Learner Driver

Hello everybody,

yesterday, someone gave me a short german manual how to install TM² on Linux ....... :p (y) ;) :cool: :d :d :d

haha....... :d if you want to know how does it work, reply here, I would try to translate it to english.... :d

kr astro
Learner Driver

Do you own a smartphone? They collect data just like new Windows does.
Beetle Racer

Yes, I know that of course, thats the reason, I canceled my smartphone contract. In the next time I use only a simple, small classic mobile phone... :p :d In this case they could only read my SMS (one SMS in 2-3 month :d ) and find out my location, anyway. A mobile phone is for me only for emergency uses :d

Do you own a smartphone ?? Is your privacy important for you ? For me it is !
Last edited by astroman,
Learner Driver

I don't know if it is the same in Germany, but in america it is very difficult to find a company that will give you a basic phone. They said that since they've switched their whole system for smartphones, it costs them more to give you a basic one! My family used to have basic phones but after a while they actually paid us to have a smartphone! :o
Moped Racer

sorry, but that is nonsense :d a smartphone works the same way like a basic phone, the different ist the internet connection and other functions.... both phones are working with WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM 850/900/1800/1900. ok smortphones has additionally LTE. Im using this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-GT-C3595TSADBT-C3595-titanium-silver/dp/B00DJAAP5S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1438813472&sr=8-1&keywords=samsung+c3595
Sasmung C3595, only 80$ (in the US). :d its a really good phone, believe me ;) :d

You dont need to buy a smartphone if you dont need it... :d
kind regards astro :)
Last edited by astroman,
Learner Driver

Can you share tutorial pls, and any tech with smart in the name means good buy privacy.
Old Age Caravanner

Hello maxi031,

oh, sorry, but my english.... :d I dont know, what you want to hear from me ? :$ Do you mean wich technical characteristics must a mobile have to get more privacy ? Sorry, Im not an expert for those questions... but If you mean this, ok, I would say (I think), it has to be a basic phone without android or anything else... and important without any apps !! ;) the problems are in the most time in my opinion the apps !! you need an "unlocked GSM Triband Mobile Phone"....

For an example the Samsung C3595 has no android or apps, ok, this phone has internet and shortcuts for faccebukk, twidder, etc. but you can turn it off.. more privacy you have in my opinion at the old phones like nokia 3310... but who want to use these old phones ? I dont want to use them. The problem is the radiation levels... some old mobile phones have very high SAR-values... here are an overview table:
http://cellphones.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=003054

The samsung C3595 has 0.23 SAR, some Blackberrys or older iphone hast a value higher >1.xx :o thats no good !

My very old Samsung SGH D500 has for an other example only SAR 0.31. Very good, its a triband phone with GSM1800, GSM1900, GSM900. No apps, no other shortcuts for faccebukk like the C3595, etc. ... in this case the best phone. I used it a very long time, its really a good phone! But the 1.3 MP camera is very oldstyle 8-| and the phone has only a memory 96 MB :d but anyway, it still a good phone !

I bought the C3595, because you can insert another memory card with 8 GB for music, it has also bluetooth for car radio (I didnt tried out, yet). Standby/Talk Time: 300 hours and 10 hours (y)

Ok, I hope, I coud help you a little bit :d

kind regards astro
Learner Driver
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem