Location: Home  Community Forums  Map Requests  [OLD] KO7 Trial/Platform - Map Construction Center 
[OLD] KO7 Trial/Platform - Map Construction Center
Page: 1 of 4
Locked  0 Observer
[OLD] KO7 Trial/Platform - Map Construction Center  

Hello and to welcome to the new KO7 Trial/Platform Knockout map upload thread.

Any map which is part of a Knockout map group, is protected from general download and should not be played publicly. Replays can also not be downloaded. Awards & Comments are allowed. The maps lists are visible to everyone.

We need 30 maps:
  • CanyonCar 9/10 :build: one more, guys
  • StadiumCar 14/10 :done: 8-|
  • ValleyCar 10/10 :done:

What maps do we need?
  • Only one more Canyon map please
  • Trial/Platformmaps - The difficulty should be roughly around blue (C) and red (D) of the Nadeo platform maps. Don't be afraid of building tricky spots that need you to slow down a lot ;)
  • approx. 1min AT
  • easy to intermediate platform difficulty
  • every cp similar difficulty
  • Good sign placement and pathfinding (no GPS required. If a part has a very difficult trick that is hard to figure out, a GPS to the next cp can be good)
  • TM2 Titlepack only
  • Block mixing and objects allowed
  • No mods
  • Mapname KO7 - AndNowEnterYourMapNameRightHereReplacingThisOneHugeConnectedPileOf78Characters

We're starting this Platform pool as an experiment so that's why the number of required maps is low. If you all build great maps and the platform mode turns out to be fun, we're looking forward to build a big platform pool.
Happy building! :cool:
Last edited by eyebo,
gado is a
How to Submit a Map  
Uploading KO Maps
  • Staying logged in as yourself...
  • Upload your map here: Knockout Upload Page.
  • The map automatically appears in the Knockout Uploads List and on your maps list.

If your map is approved
  • We move your map to the KO7 Group.

If your map requires modification
  • We move your map to the Modifications Needed List.
  • Please read our comment and update the map.
  • Please add a tag "[update]" before the prefix in the textfield here on mx.
  • We will check the map again when it has been updated.

If your map is rejected
  • If your map is rejected, this means the map is unsuitable.
  • We move your map to the Rejects List.
  • We will hide your map (in author settings) (you can unhide as you wish).
  • We will leave an explanation in the comments section.
  • It means a huge amount of work would be needed for the map to be suitable.

It can be good to make a post here, if you uploaded/updated a map, because sometimes we miss a track in the lists :$
    Last edited by haenry,
  • gado is a

Should we install a mod or the blocks are already in the game ?
    G-kart Racer

Please do not use a mod ;)
    What blocks are you talking about? You can use all the normal blocks that exist in every environment. Additionally, you can use all custom objects that are embeddable up to a cumulative size of ~307KB ;)

EDIT: As we got one submission already, which is waay too easy.
    The difficulty should be somewhere around blue and red of the Nadeo platform maps i.e. from Platform C to D.

You can also look at this map for an upper limit of the difficulty: https://tm.mania-exchange.com/tracks/97424/mxmas-thanks-hylis-platform
    Note that it is way too long tho.
    Last edited by haenry,
    gado is a

Update:
    Renamed the pool to Trial/Platform, because it is more appropriate as name ;)
    gado is a

:) got a few unfinished platform maps on my drive :) gonna work on them
    how long should the map be?
    Last edited by FT»lolig,
    Moped Racer

... says:
    Approx. 1min AT
    gado is a

I'm happy to see more submissions, but sadly my computer broke on christmas. So I'll have to wait for a new gfx card until I can test any maps. Thanks Santa :-w
    gado is a

What about MT? Intro? Replay cams? Does it matter?

Also, what about "trick" CPs (i.e. CPs that can be either super difficult or relatively easy, depending on whether the driver figures out the proper approach or technique)? Is that a problem?
    Track Slacker

Intros are fine.

Please do not make a full GPS for the whole map, because for a GPS nobody has time to watch it anyways.
    In case one part between two cps is very difficult because of a trick that is hard to discover, it could be necessary to add a GPS for just the part between these two cps ;)

Other MT effects are okay too, as long as they're needed for the track. e.g. a helicopter cam can be used for a certain passage.
    Generally, you will probably only need loop and wallride cams, if even.

It really depends on the trick in that case. The track should still be finishable for players with a low to medium skill. If you're still unsure, just submit a map and a decision can be made for each individual case. ;)

EDIT: outros are fine, but not necessary. It is even likely that they won't ever be watched... ;)
    Last edited by haenry,
    gado is a
    Page: 1 of 4 Locked
    © ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem