Location: Home  Community Forums  Map Requests  [OLD] KO7 Trial/Platform - Map Construction Center 
[OLD] KO7 Trial/Platform - Map Construction Center
Page: 2 of 4
Locked  0 Observer

Thanks for the clarification haenry!
Track Slacker

So...I built a track within the TM2 (all-in-one) pack, saved it as type:platform and validated it (with 0 respawns, so it's being treated by the validation process as a platform map), but when I try to play it locally, within the same pack, it plays as a normal track, with a finish time, instead of "number of restarts" (and just gives me all the medals no matter what...wtf).

What am I missing, to force a platform track to play like a platform track? I tried loading it via the official Nadeo (canyon) platform pack, but it doesn't show up as a loadable map. Also, as far as I know, there are no official nadeo platform packs for Stadium or Valley?

Edit: Okay, I just looked at some other uploaded KO7 maps and they're all type:race...okay. Is the whole platform KO7 theme just name-only, and the maps should be created as normal race maps? That seems sort of silly...

Why does the TM2 pack allow you to save and validate a map as a platform map and then refuse to play it properly afterward? That's pretty much broken.The whole half-assed "implemented for one environment, sort of" thing that Nadeo has done with platform mode really doesn't make sense to me. :|
Last edited by pjw,
Track Slacker

As far as I understood, there is no need to validate your track as a real platform track. Validating it normally should do the job as the maps are going to be played in Rounds later on anyway.
Quad Bike Racer

riolu! says:
As far as I understood, there is no need to validate your track as a real platform track. Validating it normally should do the job as the maps are going to be played in Rounds later on anyway.

Thanks riolu!, I guess I sort of figured that out on my own. I'll just save and validate them as normal race-type tracks. I guess I just had to vent a little about Nadeo's platform mode. It's like they released the one pack and then said, "Eh, never mind." and just left everything unfinished. :(
Track Slacker

Indeed.
For servers there is not platform mode at all, so we have to play the maps in a race mode. So yes, just upload normal race maps. The Platform name is just about the title ;)

And also regarding the outros. I forgot that it is relatively easy to change the spectator cam from "replay" to "following", so it doesn't matter if there are outro cams or not. So just go ahead and create an outro, if you want to. But be warned that it is unlikely someone will watch it on a KO map :|
gado is a

Testing the first bunch of maps I realized that sometimes a part between cps includes a trick that is very difficult to discover.
In this case a ghost/GPS just for the trick can be helpful for the players so that they don't get stuck for 5min trying to find out how to drive the part.

I also updated the post with this info ;)

We already got 6 maps :)
  • StadiumCar 2/10
  • CanyonCar 2/10
  • ValleyCar 2/10
Last edited by haenry,
gado is a

What's with environment mixing?
Moped Racer

Sure, go ahead. That's why I specified the amount of cars. A valley on canyon map will be count as a ValleyCar map ;)
gado is a

Can't we test the maps ourselves??
G-kart Racer

What do you mean Speedknight?
Gado and I approve the maps to have a quality control check for each individual map, because we learned in the past that pathfinding can be a subjective thing and it's more fun in the KO, to have a high standard for pathfinding without a GPS ;)

EDIT: Also we had a first test of the pool yesterday, which had some revealing insights on the difficulty of the maps.

Spots that require a good amount of luck are definitely a no go, because there are always players in a KO with huge amounts of bad luck.
The same goes for spots that need you to find out a hidden trick to make it. Players get stuck there for too long.
Furthermore everyone participating got a better idea of which difficulty is appropriate and which is not, so that definitely speeds up the approving process, as we better know what's needed ;)

We are at 10 maps already:
CanyonCar 3
SatdiumCar 5
ValleyCar 3
Last edited by haenry,
gado is a
Page: 2 of 4 Locked
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem