Jet777 says:
Well i'm glad everyone is getting along! :|

what!? no, that can't be right... 8-|
Quad Bike Racer

ExplodingLemon says:
Jet777 says:
Well i'm glad everyone is getting along! :|

what!? no, that can't be right... 8-|

I think it's right, now that the dust has cleared.
Last edited by Phoenyx Imperius,
Rise from the ashes!

fallout says:

There's no limit on how short your addition can be, max is 20 seconds.

Quad Bike Racer

You should also note you only get three tries before something is made for you.
I'll give you two hints:
This is a full-speed drift map.
You can't drift down long straights.
Quad Bike Racer

fallout says:
I'll give you two hints:

I understand that you can't drift on long straights, but arguably drifting absolutely everywhere is tedious, not fun. A few straights help to break it up and allow for some variety as well as a chance to bring your speed back up for the next few turns. Despite what it may seem at first glance, drifting actually slows you down slightly and there are a few corners that exacerbate the problem in your section.

Also this track is a community project. You need to realize that it won't be 100% exactly what you specifically want as different builders have different track styles. It just so happens that my Speed-Drift tracks emphasize speed over constant drifting and the same goes for my contribution. If you don't like my work, fine. Build a new track based off of what you imagined this project would become. But this is a community project, you can't dictate what people build.

I'm starting to regret giving this a second chance.
Rise from the ashes!

DOS says:
fallout says:
I'll give you two hints:

I understand that you can't drift on long straights, but arguably drifting absolutely everywhere is tedious, not fun. A few straights help to break it up and allow for some variety as well as a chance to bring your speed back up for the next few turns. Despite what it may seem at first glance, drifting actually slows you down slightly and there are a few corners that exacerbate the problem in your section.

They're designed to be easy to drift, hard to FS. (round vs TA)

... says:

Also this track is a community project. You need to realize that it won't be 100% exactly what you specifically want as different builders have different track styles. It just so happens that my Speed-Drift tracks are shit and the same goes for my contribution. If you don't like my work, fine. Build a new track based off of what you imagined this project would become. But this is a community project, you can't dictate what people build.

fallout says:

I guess I have to explain everything.

There's no limit on how short your addition can be, max is 20 seconds. I take it as my personal responsibility to make this track as good as it can be. (Last map almost every section was changed(if not completely redone) 2-3 times.)

he only two rules were:
Don't build shit
<20seconds

What you gave me was
shit (surprise! :d )
30+
(15second straight+ 6second straight =?)

... says:
I'm starting to regret giving you a second chance.

(although drama is always fun)
Quad Bike Racer

fallout says:
DOS says:
fallout says:
I'll give you two hints:

They're designed to be easy to drift, hard to FS. (round vs TA)

... says:

Also this track is a community project. You need to realize that it won't be 100% exactly what you specifically want as different builders have different track styles. It just so happens that my Speed-Drift tracks are shit and the same goes for my contribution. If you don't like my work, fine. Build a new track based off of what you imagined this project would become. But this is a community project, you can't dictate what people build.

fallout says:

I guess I have to explain everything.

There's no limit on how short your addition can be, max is 20 seconds. I take it as my personal responsibility to make this track as good as it can be. (Last map almost every section was changed(if not completely redone) 2-3 times.)

he only two rules were:
Don't build shit
<20seconds

What you gave me was
shit (surprise! :d )
30+
(15second straight+ 6second straight =?)

... says:
I'm starting to regret giving you a second chance.

I have a feeling you really just posted this to troll... Too bad the report function is broken.

The rules you posted are slightly limiting, as you could say that anyone's work but yours is shit ("justified" censorship), while the 20 second rule is hard to keep track of. You also said that the track overall was supposed to be around two minutes long.

Also, I still believe one of us is not getting the point of a community project, and I doubt it's me unless the point is to submit a small amount of work and hope it doesn't get changed to suit the tastes of the host. If you're not willing to accept that people build tracks differently than you then don't host community projects.

On the more subjective point of my addition being "shit", maybe we should hold a vote in which everyone has a say instead of having one person determine whether my part of the track is done well or not. I'm sure at least someone besides me will disagree.

Finally, on your last comment...

... says:

Well people, I think that pretty much sums up this guy's motives. Move along and do not feed the troll...
Rise from the ashes!

Windows3.1 says:
Well people, I think that pretty much sums up this guy's motives. Move along and do not feed the troll...

and you think dealing with fallout is very simple... let me tell you something, it doesn't go like that with fallout.
Quad Bike Racer

ExplodingLemon says:
Windows3.1 says:

and you think dealing with fallout is very simple... let me tell you something, it doesn't go like that with fallout.

If you would be more informative I probably would understand what you're talking about. I never really dealt with him before.
Rise from the ashes!

i think Windows and Fallout are just polar opposites on every level. which is why trying to build a track together is so hard? :p

let me try something
Moped Racer
Page: 6 of 9 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem