Location: Home  Community Forums  Announcements  Regarding maps and replays and the move to ManiaPlanet 4 
Regarding maps and replays and the move to ManiaPlanet 4
Page: 4 of 7
Post Reply  0 Observer

to much work, as I saw in valley, the car physics changed (jump make the car go not a high as before) meaning many valley transition maps or jumps are not working anymore. this is the case with my latest valley maps on MX, tried to fix this but seems impossible...
also some of these are my most awarded, and used on servers.
Moped Racer

eyebo says:
I'll add a condition that your maps are off limits for the auto-updater.

eyebo, I'm pretty sure none of my tracks have been touched, but could you put me on that "off-limits" list as well?

The physics don't feel that different to me, but I've seen people complaining, and I'm concerned that if there are significant differences some of my more platform-y maps (the "Evil Track" series, etc.) might become impossible to finish.

I'm happy to update my own tracks over time; it doesn't seem like it's going to be that difficult or time-consuming. I just want to make sure something doesn't end up completely broken. :)
Track Slacker

Sure, I'll add you to the list pjw.

The only maps of yours that already got updated are your KO2, KO3, and KO4 maps. And they're not downloadable by anyone else (for the moment anyway). But they will be played in the KOs.
Site Leader

You can add me to the list as well - many of my maps are broken as of now (due to me using some transitions which were broken with the introduction of MP4), so I'll update all my maps manually over the next few days just to be sure that everything works nicely :cool:
Buffer Overflow

Ok (y) Solux

By the way, I should update the original post here, as most (if not all) the issues with objects that used default textures seem to be resolved with a new upgrade of the map.

The change in the geometry of some blocks that breaks some transitions is a different matter altogether. But it's cool we have the mesh editor to fix those issues.
Site Leader

Hello guys I have a question about computing the shadows because I found a small problem.
After updating to tm4, my track named Fracture renamed itself to oFracture .

I found the problem when I wanted to recalculate the shadows.
I found the problem already before computing the shadows, But the problem persists after too.
I counted the shadows in the editor, but i tested also script
Code:
ManiaPlanet.exe /computeallshadows /upgrademaps /useronly /fullcheck /LmQuality=High /titles=TMCanyon
But the problem not solved.
I see the only option, opening the track in the editor and rename it, but I don't know whether the UID will be changed.
I don't wand change the UID of map because i don't want damage a replays.
Is there a help for me ?

G-kart Racer

I have seen those small '0's appear all over the place - both in mapnames and playernames. I think that those are some kind of control characters which were inserted in some places by the game in MP3 and are now interpreted differently.
I would suggest that you just create a backup of the orignal mapfile and rename it to then check the UID of that created map.

If you want to check whether the UID will stay the same without utilizing special tools, you can just open the mapfile in a texteditor (preferably one which supports UTF-8), where you will see the UID as the first long string of "normal" characters in the file.
Last edited by Solux,
Buffer Overflow

Yes you're probably right. There are some characters probably badly understood.
the real name of track contains the characters: ($ffo) collors ($i) italic ($s) shadows ($o) bold
$ffo$i$s$ oFracture
Ill test some changes as you say ;)
Last edited by OLDA_X,
G-kart Racer

If there is really a space in '$ o' that is probably the cause of your problem, as it should be '$o'. Maybe try changing that.
Buffer Overflow

Not, There is no real "space" gap. I just wanted to highlight it.
The track is completely strange, Because it does not ask for a recalculation of shadows in the editor.
I can recomputed the shadows using the script only ... 8-|
And If I change the name of track, the UID becomes different :|
Last edited by OLDA_X,
G-kart Racer
Page: 4 of 7 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem