Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  [Fixed] No intros in MP4? 
[Fixed] No intros in MP4?
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
[Fixed] No intros in MP4?  
Hello everybody,

I don't see any intro when starting a track.
The "Skip rolling demo"-box in the advanced settings is unchecked. (Does rolling demo mean intro?)

Thanks for your help
Hans
:d
Last edited by eyebo,
Beetle Racer

There are still quite a few bugs concerning the ingame HUD and the intro (at least when I last checked), which includes but is not limited to no HUD being shown during validation and testing, the old MP3 HUD being shown in various places and intros not working correctly sometimes. So it's just a family of bugs which got introduced with MP4, which will most probably be resolved soon :)
Buffer Overflow

The intro is being shown when you validate a map now (y)
Moped Racer

Thanks for your answers Solux and Voyager!
But I'm a bit confused now:
- Will it get fixed?
- Do we have to validate old maps again (and how to do that)?
:s
Beetle Racer

1. Hopefully, but that's up to the developers of the game. :p

2. To get a map made in MP3 to be playable in MP4, it needs to have its lightmaps recalculated. Unless you modify the blocks themselves or alter the in-game MT sequence, you shouldn't need to revalidate the map. See https://tm.mania-exchange.com/threads/4357?postid=43265 for detailed info on how to update old maps. :)
Moped Racer

Thank you Voyager! (y)
I've already updated my tracks to MP4 and they do not show the intro when starting the track in a local game.

I also do not see an intro before making a validation-run in the editor (and no outro as well).

Beetle Racer

Any news on this topic?
I would like to release a track. I still see no intro when starting a track. How can I know the intro will be working?
Do intros still exist? Am I doing something wrong? :s

----------------------------
Edit: I've just realized that this "open the editor and track gets invalid"-bug also still exists. Looks like Nadeo still has some work to to. But who needs an editor in Trackmania anyway? ;)
Last edited by Hans Holo,
Beetle Racer

Intros exist when you play the track online. They also exist if you play the track via Install&Play from MX. (At least the last time I checked)
Moped Racer

Intros also work when you download a gbx map file and double click it in explorer to load it.

They still don't work using in-game Local Play -> Single Map. :s It's been reported before, but if it's important to you, go add your voice on the MP forums:
https://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?f=526&t=40802
Site Leader

Thx guys,

but I do not see an intro even when starting a map from the desktop or when playing on servers.
I'm not sure if it's worth the time trying to solve this, while bugfixes are (hopefully) on their way.(?)
Or maybe I've simply made a mistake with the settings? :|

Beetle Racer
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem