Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  How to determine current embedded item footprint? 
How to determine current embedded item footprint?
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
How to determine current embedded item footprint?  
How do you tell what the current footprint is for embedded items in your track (how close you are to the limit)?

What happens when you exceed that limit? Is there some sort of notification?

I have a track with embedded items that I'm working on, and I periodically mail it to work to test during my lunch hour. Suddenly, today, none of the embedded items are showing up. They've been working fine previously, even though I don't have those items installed locally at work.

I added another item or two over the weekend, so I assume that if you exceed the limit, TM just says "screw you" and embedded items just stop working entirely?

Is that correct, or is something else going on?
Track Slacker

MP usually tells you when you have exceeded the embedding limit and you try to save the map. As far as I'm aware there is no official/proper way to see how much of the available space you use before exceeding it. The only solution I came up with so far was to create an item which was 500kb big (at the time of MP3) and see what MP told me when I inevitably exceeded over the limit, as it tells you the total size of all items used in the dialog. You could port this method to MP4 and recreate it without having to create a custom object yourself by adding a few items which collectively exceed the embedding limit by themselves and subtract them from the total size shown in the dialog when you add them to the map you're working on and try to save it.
It's not really an easy way to do it but at the moment I am not aware that any better one exists.

Your problem with no embedded items showing up on the other hand is most probably not related to the embedding limit.
Last edited by Solux,
Buffer Overflow

Thanks for the great information and suggestions!

Solux says:
Your problem with no embedded items showing up on the other hand is most probably not related to the embedding limit.

Yeah, it sounds like something else is going on. I never got a warning on save. I'll have to investigate further.
Track Slacker

i was able to save map with a block which uses external textures, nadeo changed sth there, green/purple block then xd

also embed items show up as last folder/object in list, and no icon embed anymore
Last edited by skyslide,
Old Age Caravanner
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem