Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  Help needed on custom Sign Blocks 
Help needed on custom Sign Blocks
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Help needed on custom Sign Blocks  
Hello,
I'm trying to make custom sign blocks, in fact just a standard concrete sign block resized. I use the MX signs pack for the textures.
The issue i have is that i can't find the proper settings to get the same result in self illumination :
(using the mesh editor's paint tool)

Day :

Night :

I've tried about every combination in texture modes, but that's the best i can get...
Any idea ?

Besides, i guess there is no way to make a custom block wich can be mapped like the standard ones in the map editor : ? (i find the standard sign blocks quite limited...)

Thanks for your answers.

Edit : i just found a thread where it's said that those custom blocks can't be embedded, because they create a custom texture that can't be shared appart from a titlepack... If this is true, there's no point to even try...
Last edited by -GeP-,
Learner Driver

Indeed, they can't be embedded right now. But maybe in the future we'll be able to make our own paintable/skinnable signs with Mesh Modeler. :) We can hope.
Site Leader

Yeah... Let's Hope.
Great enhancements have been put in the mesh editor recently, thanks to the devs. Keep on. :)
Learner Driver
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem