It's too dark!
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
It's too dark!  
After I had finished my track, I computed the shadows (or, technically speaking, it was the computer which did it :d ). Some parts of road is in complete darkness now and there's no room for adding light sources. This makes the track unplayable as it is, because you can't see turns.
Am I only one to have this problem?
G-kart Racer

not really had that 'till now.
would you please post your specs?
G-kart Racer

I noticed it sometimes too :o Really annoying
· · · – – – · · ·

Try the "floodlight" blocks - they add a powerful light to the side or bottom of a platform block.
Moped Racer

As I said, there's no room to add lights and it would be pretty ugly considering the road I'm talking about is a cliff road.

My monitor is HP w2007v, I guess nothing else matters in this case. I guess I'll need to change gamma setting before playing TM2 (as I do with Minecraft aswell).
Last edited by aXu,
G-kart Racer

why should your monitor the reason of false computing? :|
How about your graphicCard?
Maybe to hot? Anything?
I've a high end machine, with super cooling, but TM2 on all high screws my temps. over all specs i've on all other games.

Only to show...
TM2 all on high
CPU 67° (I7-2600k)
GPU 71° (still a old gtx260 OC)

BC2 all on high
CPU 53°
GPU ~60°

As you can see, my hardware needs more power than on Bad Company2 wich is a Hardware based game.
If your Hardware is too hot it will "loose packets" like on TS3 with high ping.
And that is normal...so i really think it isnt you monitor at all...more anything other part of your machine.
TM2 is still beta...sure it has a new engine, but who said that all is perfect till now? Even the Engine isnt at it's end and maybe not right balanced till now.
G-kart Racer

Hello !

If you track is too dark, you can turn on the lights of the car to light the path using the media tracker. Create a new clip and place it's triggers wherever you want to turn the car's light one. (there must be a car light option among text, image, camera, etc...) And place empty clips to cancel the clips that are still running, this way you can stop the light of the cars. I had to do that one my track, i couldn't see the road. With the car lights it is still darks, but the walls are clearly visible and i don't crash anymore.
Quad Bike Racer

Did you minimise the game window while shadows were computing? I had the same problem in TMU, when I minimised game window.
Learner Driver

Oops, I need to clarify myself, you misunderstood it. The shadows itself compute just fine, but display is too dark.

It seems that car turns lights on only on higher graphics settings. That's a shame, players with better computers have a clear advantage :/ There should be option to turn just the lights on without making everything looking cooler. I think my computer could handle single light effect, since cars leave shadows too without problems :s
G-kart Racer

Can't remember which setting it is but it's just one that you have to turn up to nice for lights to work and wont make your game run a lot slower.
Learner Driver
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem