Location: Home  Community Forums  Map Requests  WTC Server /Maps trial for Trialmaster 2012 
WTC Server /Maps trial for Trialmaster 2012
Page: 1 of 3
Locked  0 Observer
WTC Server /Maps trial for Trialmaster 2012  
Hello,
WTC servers love trial maps.
"TRIALMASTER 2012" Begins on January 1 and we want to know if you will we create a hard map trial ?
If you accept me quickly confirm your participation by email or here : admin@worldtrialclub.info
Thank you !

GENERAL :
- Map Duration : between 3 to 5 minutes.
- Map Name : $a00W$f50T$fa0C$z $000name
- Send the map and replay* before December 20 by mail,

DESIGN :
- Map obligatory trial style,
- 3 Checkpoints Maximum,
- One race part is possible, but not required,
- "luck" spots are not allowed , "luck" means only the chance makes the difference, but they can be very technical,
- Prevent the possibility of "cut",
- Put Signs for clarity. (HERE) (Thanks to Enai Siaion)
- Do not use mods.

IF POSSIBLE :
- Do not protect the map to allow the audit,
- Make a GPS at the beginning of the map to help beginners*
- Do not put your map on TM2-mania exchange before the end of trialmaster.
- The map will never be changed without your consent.

* We could validate the map, or perform the GPS, if you can not do it.

Finally if you wish, I am pleased that we will meet again in "TRIALMASTER 2012" this time as a player.
The rules will be defined later.

Stef WTC

Thank you to Alexis, Gogot, Lino, Minus and Bren for their advices.
Learner Driver

What actualy is trail ?
because i'm intressed, but don't realy know what to make :$
Last edited by adder,
Quad Bike Racer

Here's an example:

The author calls it platform, but a WTC guy commented on my video of my run on this track and said "nice trial" so apparantly it's what they're looking for. Stylistically the differences between the driving part of Trial, Platform, and RPG can be very confusing.

I think mostly what's important to understand is that RPG usually has a lot of scenery and a great look. It usually includes a mod, and many times also some sort of story. There's also more of a feeling of adventure to RPG maps.

Platform originated in some previous iteration of TM. It was actually a seperate mode where the main goal was to drive the track with as few respawns as possible. This was usually made more difficult by different challenges set up by the author to challenge your ability to do a no-respawn run.

Trial is in many ways the evolution of Platform, but it's played in normal Race mode. The Trial maps I've seen are generally more challenging than Platform tracks as well, with more technical maneuvers or stunts included. Trial isn't usually focused on scenery. It's all about the challenge of getting to the next CP and overcoming some very difficult challenge.

Any of those three styles I mentioned will improve your skills as an author or a driver. But Trial is what they're looking for in this competition.

I don't know if I'll find time to build a map, but I'm really glad the competition is taking place. It's good to see this style alive and well in TM2, thanks in no small part to clans like WTC.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

Hello Eyebo & Adder,
Eyebo thank you for this perfect description, thanks also for your compliments. :$
I enjoy my turn to congratulate you for your efficiency in general on this forum.
We love a good map with you!

Adder, I can only invite you to find maps on the server WTC TRIAL , to see some examples.

But feel free to let your imagination free and interesting for you to thank you for this post.
See you soon
Stef
Learner Driver

Iam trying something
but 3 cp on a 5 minutes track wow
and the player will practise before the contest right ?
I guess the track can be damn hard then ? becouse 1 minute driving before cp hehe cool.
Can it be multiways to next cp ?(alternative way) or is it a direct route that all player going to take ?
Beetle Racer

Thank you very much Eyebo and WTC for your reactions,
I'll give it a go, and try to make a good map
:d

Thx for the example and the server,

Grtz Adder
Last edited by adder,
Quad Bike Racer

1 map per user ? or can we build more ?

check my "trial #1 speed" that was my first try for this
and say if it good or bad or to much luck involved
hard to say what luck is i have 2 or 33 of those part but i cant place it if it´s luck or skill
i think i can learn them...
Last edited by SPIDER,
Beetle Racer

want an answer. :cool:
Last edited by SPIDER,
Beetle Racer

Hi,
You can make more maps. There are no problems, if they are they will go on the server WTC trial
Sorry my response a little late.
Your map is fine, it is on the server WTC, I thought it was a map for fun and not for the trialmaster.
It lacks a few signs to find the road.
There are some very good ideas and thank you for participating.
Mets in early wtc map name, I know it's for the trialmaster
See you soon
Stef

Sorry for my bad english !
Last edited by WTC,
Learner Driver

it was for this contest at first but to hard with only 3 cp in my opinion so i release it.
Glad to hear that, yeah i saw the very nice times on the server :o
btw is maximum 3 cp correct or do you mean minimum ?
maybe its correct for this is trialmaster :$

so :d
Beetle Racer
Page: 1 of 3 Locked
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem