Location: Home  Community Forums  Deployed  [Suggestion] TM-Karma 
[Suggestion] TM-Karma
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  1 Observer
[Suggestion] TM-Karma  
Hey there!

When I was sitting at home, thinking about some stuff, this suddenly stroke my mind:
Why not integrate the TM-karma services on the MX website. Like you can see the dedi-recs.
Then you could see the votes on the track page.

What do you guys think ?

Greetings,
Adder
Last edited by adder,
Quad Bike Racer

well, without possibility to vote it could be a nice addition ^^
Zimmer Racer

It's an interesting idea. But alas, you're not the first to have it.

It was already discussed at length in this topic:
http://tm.mania-exchange.com/threads/621/awards?page=-1

The main problem with it is that Karma is based on how well a track is suited for online. And not all tracks are meant for online. So it would be extremely biased to tracks suitable for online.

Also tracks that may be awesome but simply don't fit on a certain server may get low karma. For instance, if the server owner loaded a fullspeed track on his tech server, it would get very low karma while the same track on a fullspeed server may get very high karma.

Plus, not all servers run the Karma plugin. For instance, most league tech servers use the FAST controller which doesn't support Karma.

Those were the main arguments against it.

No system is perfect though, and adding Karma to a track page as a secondary thing (like Dedimania) would be quite interesting.

As long as it was displayed on the track page with a clear indication that this is a measure of the track's online suitability. It might not be a bad idea. It's worth reconsidering I guess.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

It's been suggested before, but since the owner has no public API, we can't use it.
Deep fried

Ah. I guess that answers that. :p
Site Leader

Forzyy says:
It's been suggested before, but since the owner has no public API, we can't use it.

so this idea is off?

@eyebo
You still have the awards, those are also a good indicator for the maps quality (except at nadeo's A-0 (tmn) :p)
And indeed no system is perfect , but then not every server uses dedimania as well.

and I don't think someone will upload a FS map on a tech server and vice versa 8-|
Last edited by adder,
Quad Bike Racer

The idea is not off. But it won't happen without a public API from the owner. ;)
Deep fried

Great idea. (y)

What is api. ? :$
Last edited by SPIDER,
Beetle Racer

An application programming interface (API) is a specification intended to be used as an interface by software components to communicate with each other.

(Source Wikipedia)
Site Leader

simpler: without API, forzy can't make MX to "communicate" with TM-Karma ;P
Zimmer Racer
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem