Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  video & to convert to avi "fixed" worth looking @ info from... 
video & to convert to avi "fixed" worth looking @ info from eyebo
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
video & to convert to avi "fixed" worth looking @ info from eyebo  
hello everyone

right i a old dog to the video side..and always used my camera phone to shoot things for my youtube account !
but after just getting back into the game, and leaving the beta testing till next year i more spare time for this great game,
i started to think make some custom sticker, with help from Mr DVD and Nesrally i was on the way "thankyou's"

then i started to think wow maybe make some video's of my tracks for the future BUT i am stuck ! since this something i have never used in the game, yes i know i have made loads of outro's mt work, but where the hell do i start with
video/replay work, and what do i need to convert it to a avi....for youtube

Settings for good fps ?
if need other programmes links please
tips would be nice :)
so if you can give me some pointers, i be more than happy :)
Last edited by WRAITH,
TM CLOSED BETA TESTER

A lot of help Here... But, as u can see, no Video tutorial for TM2, but I guess the one for TM1 works as well... :$
Moped Racer

MMMmmm just tried it but came up with 5 short 12 sec clips wtf of the full track which approx 58 secs long
i do not know what to do with the 5 clips argh

but thanks for the link Nesrally
TM CLOSED BETA TESTER

I'll try to find some time to write a nicer guide about how I do it... but for now.. here's some general information...

Here is a link to the codec I use:
http://www.koepi.info/xvid.html

It works quite nice. I've used it for all my TrackMania videos, including my TMUF ones.

General settings I use for rendering out of TM2:

25x Antialias
Motion Blur on
Sound on
1920x1080 resolution
30fps

I usually leave reflections unchecked, and the others as well. They can drastically increase render time. You still get reflections, even if that's unchecked.

Also, you won't get some quality settings if you use the MediaTracker in the track editor. It's best to use the MediaTracker in the Replay editor for rendering out videos or taking screenshots with the "bmp" tool in MediaTracker.

Make sure you select XviD for the codec when it asks (assuming you've already installed it from the link above). Normally it will be set to uncompressed, and that is probably why you were getting such short clips, because it was hitting the filesize limit very quickly and splitting off to a new file. With XviD you won't have that problem for most normal length tracks.

The resulting XviD file you get (it's an .avi file) can be uploaded directly to YouTube with no editing, or optionally you can import it into Sony Vegas or your favorite video editing program for further editing.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

it worked the above info ^^^^

wow just watched my first video clip of my new track..wow it so smooth no glitches thx eyebo
Last edited by WRAITH,
TM CLOSED BETA TESTER
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem