Location: Home  Community Forums  Deployed  A few suggestions 
A few suggestions
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
A few suggestions  
Hi, I feel like the "favourite author" feature of the site is a great idea, but I think it could be more easily discovered. Could a link to add the author to your favourites be added on perhaps each track page? (the link on the profile page could still stay as another convenience).

Also, would an option in your profile to set receiving the sorts of notifications posted to ManiaHome (i.e. track uploads by buddies) to the MX website be possible?

Also another question entirely… could WebKit notifications be integrated at some stage? (I don't think there's much need for a 'live checking' of MX notifications, seeing how infrequent they usually arrive. Posting the notifications on page load would be just fine).

Old Age Caravanner

great ideas phil i especially like the idea with the fav authors.

add to phils post:
an option to find only your fav authors and not their tracks would be awesome
so its easyer to search for them
Beetle Racer

Great ideas!

FT»Lodec says:
an option to find only your fav authors and not their tracks would be awesome
so its easyer to search for them

It's probably less than ideal, but you can already show your recent tracks by favorite authors, and then change "primary order" to "author" at the bottom, and search. And then you will see each author's tracks grouped together. It makes it a little easier to flip through the pages and see all the authors you have favorited.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

I will do my best to incorporate these bigger changes into the next version. (y)
Deep fried

I have a suggestion, add "View your posts" in the forum tab ((Like maniaplanet use))
sometimes i forget posts, and when i remember them. ahh thats right i posted that a while ago, hmm let´s see what was the name ?? :s i find it eventually but that take alot of time :'( even if i search after it
and maybe i can tag a post i like to keep track on and get notification every time someone submit a post
becouse i like to involve in that thread and hopefully help :$
so for example i can tag mtc - contest thread and the post award discussion and bokmark some threads like "my tracks thread" so i can find it easy,, and when mtc have a new contest i get a notification :) if i have that "tagged ofc...

so i can tag or untag a track/forum comment (i am sure i missed alot of comments i ask on some tracks) and i won´t go true all 1500 tracks i played just to find that comment but i would like to see if someone answer me, or i wouldnt write a question if i didn´t expect an answer (brb)

about the notification maybe that should be placed in the forum or in my private messages, the red light just tell me that i have one or a few new notifications and i just take a look in my messages and i can read all, that popup
windows is nice but very demanding.. if i have 10 notification i must open that every time i want to go to my next notification or open in new windows works also ofc....but the "in my message area" is better imo....

taggs = gets notification
Bokmarks = no notification
Last edited by SPIDER,
Beetle Racer
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem