Location: Home  Community Forums  Projects & Competitions  Beyond Gaming Co-Founder Needs the Community To Speak! Event... 
Beyond Gaming Co-Founder Needs the Community To Speak! Events in the Making!
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Beyond Gaming Co-Founder Needs the Community To Speak! Events in the Making!  
Hello everyone I am Justin Yamek, co-founder and event manager of Beyond Gaming. If you have not heard we are doing events for most of the games on Mania Planet. Our recent partnership with Nadeo has given us the opportunity to host these events for the community. We started with the Triple Crown Feast, and for our very first TrackMania event we considered it a success! We also know we need to change some things about our events to better fit this community, so I would like to ask a few things...

What are some Tracks you would like to compete on? If anyone has some really high level tracks you think would be great for a event please link them.

Would you race on a daily track against the other beyondgaming users for a daily prizes?

How long would you like to see an event run? 1 week, Bi-Weekly, Monthly?

What would be the best format you think the community would like to see for the Grand Finals of an event? How would you want to see the finals run if you had to organize it? I just like to know what the community thinks so I can get a better idea of what you want.

Would anyone like to join the BG TM community team? You would meet with myself and a few other TM players to go over feedback and some upcoming events. I would like to gather the most information I can so we can give TrackMania players a home for competitions. If you are interested please email me : Justin@beyondgaming.com Feedback from the community is what drives our team, if you want to help and give us some I would appreciate it greatly.

Also we have a live event right now with some pretty cool prizes that anyone can join to try our site out. The event is in TM Stadium you can Join here!
Last edited by BeyondYamek,
Learner Driver

Thank you all in advance! Means a lot to us you take the time out of the day to reply.
Learner Driver

Okay, at first, I'm not a professional stadium driver, but I've seen quite a many tournaments on all sides of Trackmania, so I'll say something anyway ^^

... says:
What are some Tracks you would like to compete on?

Basically most people would answer something like "league tech maps please" here. However, I think it would be great to have many kind of maps in; tech maps, dirt maps, faster maps, normal Nadeo-style maps... everything. To find out what are those styles, you should really ask someone to help if you don't have experience.

... says:
Would you race on a daily track against the other beyondgaming users for a daily prizes?

How long would you like to see an event run? 1 week, Bi-Weekly, Monthly?

What would be the best format you think the community would like to see for the Grand Finals of an event? How would you want to see the finals run if you had to organize it? I just like to know what the community thinks so I can get a better idea of what you want.

ESL Cup Mode would be cool to see used somewhere. Ask frostBeule if you want to hear how great it is. However, some Time Attack finals would be different also, like it was last time. Just give the players clear rules that you can also respect by yourself.

About the length of cups; 1-2 week, would be best if you don't have to play every single day to make well, as all of us aren't nolifers. Try place these when no other big events on (also here, ask someone who knows when the big events are..)
Last edited by wormi,
Beetle Racer
Thanks @wormi  
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I think it would be awesome if we could link up via skype and chat sometime. I am "MrBeyondGaming"
Learner Driver

My issue with a lot of maps is that there is one specific "correct" path and over time, all drivers tend to converge on it. As a result, replays of those maps with many cars look like 1 car replicated 20 times with tiny time shift.

From viewer standpoint, it's much more exciting if:
1) Different racers take different paths
2) it is possible to make up for a time loss by doing some brave gamble/stunt, which you'd not risk normally, but can go for if you've made a mistake and others are too far ahead
3) the cars leave a lot of "marks" on the road/track, showing where different players braked, slid or jumped/bumped.

Simply put, I want to admire courage also, not just "hey look, yet another racer who knows the optimum trajectory".

Moped Racer

How is that related to the events? If you want to do "risks" ant make up for previous mistakes, try RPG maps. It's very hard to do a clean run without mistakes and "gambles".
Anyway, I think there should be a separate competition in which MX users could make tracks and new winners will be selected every month. That way the community itself will support the cup with tracks and the admins would just have to do some judging work.
Learner Driver

I'm curios, how does Beyond Gaming make its money?
8-|
Beetle Racer

Sponsors? Selling tokens?
Learner Driver
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem