Location: Home  Community Forums  Deployed  [FIXED] Cannot update map file after adding music 
[FIXED] Cannot update map file after adding music
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
[FIXED] Cannot update map file after adding music  
I have uploaded a map and now I thought it would be better to add some custom music, but I can't upload the newer version of the map file, because "This track already exists." :-w

Is there a workaround?
Last edited by eyebo,
MX Supporter

I've had this problem before. In the end I had to delete the map and re-upload it. I'm not sure if there is another way to work around this problem, but that is just one way to do it.
Moped Racer

You can probably update it with a dummy map and then your updated one. Will look into it sometime to see if it can be fixed though :p.
Segmentation fault

OK, thanks!
MX Supporter

Could you include the check, that if the validation checksum of the map hasn't change you don't need to delete all replays?
That would be awesome...
MX Supporter

With the MP4 update last year, we made it so that you can update the map file on the map page, and it retains all the replays, as long as the UID of the map doesn't change.

I just tested in-game by creating a Lagoon map with no custom music. Saved the map.
UID: FZZp82KAopLSIr5rcrZb78guyK2

Reopened the map in the editor, selected some custom music. Resaved the map to a new folder.
UID: FZZp82KAopLSIr5rcrZb78guyK2

So as long as the validation and map name remains the same, the UID should as well. And you should be able to update the map file without losing the replays on the track page.

Therefore I'm marking this one fixed.
Site Leader
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem