Location: Home  Community Forums  Projects & Competitions  300k giveaway tournament 
300k giveaway tournament
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
300k giveaway tournament  
Hi guys we gonna start a tournament with 300k planets to give away, we gonna start tommorow evening and it will end sunday the 29. The tracklist is with all new maps from players of the server so come in and join, mayabe we can add some tracks also.

The server is called LOLMAPS and is located in the netherlands, hope to see you soon.

Greetz Droppie Ook

Learner Driver

sweet (y)
Old Age Caravanner

The tourney will be held on our server and everyone can join in, no registration needed, just drive on our server from friday evening 20-6 untill sunday evening 29-6 22 pm gmt+1

the prizemoney will be as follows:
  • 1st 50k planets
  • 2nd 36k
  • 3rd 30k
  • 4th 24k
  • 5th 18k
  • 6-10 12k
  • 11-15 8k
  • 16-21 4k
  • 22-30 2k

Rankings will be based on serverrank by the end of the tourney.
OOK members are excluded from the prizepool, but you would feel bad getting 1st place prizemoney when ur 2nd cause you didnt beat me wouldnt you =D
It will start with clean recs on everything.
We'll use a mappack of 100 tracks, with about 50/50 lol/tech, maps are about 10-20s avg.
Tracklist is made up out of mostly player submitted tracks from people that frequently drive on our server.
We plan to start doing this like one week a month, with less prize money for the next times tho, so shorttech / lol mappers feel free to send me some pm's if you want your maps to be in it.

Last edited by whacked,
Learner Driver

Really fun so far. More people should come on and play! Thanks for doing this tourney (l)
Learner Driver

Thnx glad you like it man :p :cool:
Learner Driver
FunFunFun  
Really enjoying this so far; thanks for setting it up guys!

The maps are now (mostly) growing on me. Despite a lot of people complaining about the selection or individual tracks I think it's a damn good effort from all involved. I guess whatever you put up you'd still get 'worst track evah!' every other track. Thing is, there is no such thing as a 'bad track' on a lol server imo; you simply have to do the best with whatever you are deal.

The only downsides I can see are that:

a) I'm sure there seem to be more tech tracks than lol; but other people (who like tech more) say the exact opposite, so it probably is about 50/50 in reality. Actually, it's probably just that most people constantly juke only tech tracks.

b) 100 new tracks is a great achievement given the timescales, but it does get quite repetitive. Maybe next time include some old classics too, to flesh out the numbers? The tracks not being new isn't really an issue as within a few days most people have already played the new list so many times they are actually more familiar than the normal lolmaps tracklists anyhow.

c) It seems that after almost 9 months of fairly solid play at TM, I still suck bigtime. It's kind of disheartening to put in a really solid lap and find you are still 16th and about 2s behind everyone else. :s I guess that's intended as a compliment to the sheer talent of so many drivers on the server. Just be aware if you are new to lolmaps and want to join in, a lot of these people are GOOD. ;)

But don't let the above put you off; it's still the most fun you can have with your cloths on. And depending on your lifestyle, who says you need to play wearing anything anyway?

Thanks and hugs,

Ceb

Last edited by Cerebus,
Learner Driver

the most important:

• 4mins is not enough
  • maps with bugs at end
  • stupid 8-10sec maps without tricks
  • many basic tech maps on lolserver ;)
  • weeping guys who not been able to finish anything

btw GJ and thx for 18k:)
Last edited by Synth,
Learner Driver
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem