Location: Home  Community Forums  Projects & Competitions  MX Promotion Show by znik 
MX Promotion Show by znik
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
MX Promotion Show by znik  
Hello fellow exchangers!

Project postponed to a later time, yet to be announced.

The idea behind this is to start a streaming show where I promote authors on Mania-Exchange with a selected track. I will introduce the author and analyse one track chosen by the author. To end the show I will do a very short interview with the author (if possible). As a viewer, you will hopefully get some tips and tricks on how to finish in the fastest possible way and perhaps new ideas for creating your own maps. I will focus a lot on interacting with my viewers, so please ask questions about anything at any time! Once the show is over, I will upload my replay to Mania-Exchange. In 24 hours there will be a competition for people to upload their replays on that map, and a ranking list will be created in this topic of the players who beat my time.

Requirements
  • Environment: Stadium, Valley, Canyon
  • Map style: Tech, Speedtech, Dirt, Fullspeed, Veryshort, Mini, Lunatic
  • Map length: Not longer than 60s
  • Blockmixing allowed.
  • Map must not have more than 3 awards or 5 uploaded replays.
  • Same author can only be promoted once a month.

What to analyse
  • Map difficulty (depends on many factors)
  • Map innovation (Ideas and block combinations)
  • Map smoothness (Transitions, slowdowns, jumps, landings, speed and technique calculations etc.)
  • Racing line (which line to take and where to build up speed etc.)
  • Racing techniques (which techniques to use to improve your time)

A score between 0 and 10 will be set on each map I showcase, where the above-mentioned factors will reflect the score.

Now I need authors who want to be a part of this project. If you have any crazy ideas or maps that you really want more people to discover, this could be the opportunity to do so (y)

Contact me on
    - Facebook: znik1
    - Mail: skarstein(a)bx3.no

The schedule of the show will depend on the interest, but hopefully we can make it happen 2-3 days a week :cool: To know when I go live, follow my twitch channel for mail push and/or follow my facebook page.

MX Promotion Show list -
    To be announced
    list coming...

Thanks for your interest and happy mapping!
    Last edited by znik,
  • Learner Driver

I think you might need to use older maps or TMNF maps too, there ain't many stadium tech mappers outside league maps in this TMX to be honest. At least I don't build any fun maps in TM2 really ^^
    But nice idea! :)
    Last edited by wormi,
    Beetle Racer

Valid point. I almost forgot about TMNF. I guess I'll post same topic over at TMX, thanks for your feedback as always wormi 8-|

EDIT: I removed the 1 week or newer rule and added a new one instead :) Feel free to re-upload some of your TMX maps to MX then wormi :d
    Last edited by znik,
    Learner Driver

Will you also analyze tech/speedtech maps in Canyon and Valley? :d
    (little joke cause you didnt speak about Stadium, but I know you only mean that)
    Moped Racer

Marius 89 says:
    Will you also analyze tech/speedtech maps in Canyon and Valley? :d
    (little joke cause you didnt speak about Stadium, but I know you only mean that)

Well yeah, I'm only known for my Stadium content, but I forgot to specify this. Thanks for your feedback.
    Learner Driver

Nice idea, I hope this works as you imagine it :) but.. no Canyon? :'(
    Moped Racer

As a stadium player it would be too funny if he was testing Canyon maps :d
    Beetle Racer

Unforeseen events in real life leads me no other choice than to postpone this project to a later time, unsure when it will be. Until then, stay fresh ;)

EDIT: When I came to think about it, there is only positive sides about including every aspect of maniaplanet, so I've changed from stadium and tech related to _everything_, meaning valley, canyon, speed, dirt, whatever ^^

In this way I myself can learn something new, and it will include more maniplanet souls in the project. But I won't be able to give too much of a detailed analysis of anything except stadium, at least in the beginning.
    Last edited by znik,
    Learner Driver
    Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
    © ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem