Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC March 2015 - Mixed Styles 
MTC March 2015 - Mixed Styles
Page: 8 of 9
Post Reply  0 Observer

Yeah congratz maxi! :d

Edit:

For the Future:
Wouldn't it be better to present the final results with the average score rather than the addition of the points? It would give a much easier overview.

So for example this time it would be really easy, as there were 10 voters and you just need to divide every score by 10
Last edited by Skellborn,
G-kart Racer

congratz to the winner's ! well deserved ! (y)
Old Age Caravanner

Congratulations to the winners.

Nice voting from Areogon:
... says:
I dislike driving with valley car so minus points for not building in stadium
4 points.

:(
And the winner maxi031 vote all maps with 10 and with no comments.
(y) :-w
Quad Bike Racer

Congratz to all.
I for sure did not expect to win, it really is very nice surprise.
Thank you guys. (l)

Did not have time to try all the maps so i gave 10 to all participants. ;)

Do i post my map nomination here or via pm?
Old Age Caravanner

Skellborn says:
For the Future:
Wouldn't it be better to present the final results with the average score rather than the addition of the points? It would give a much easier overview.

So for example this time it would be really easy, as there were 10 voters and you just need to divide every score by 10

I know that this is usually done, but I didn't see the necessity for it. Furthermore, without the average you actually get a feeling for how many players have voted.
So then we'd have 8.5 for maxi, 8 for Lars and 7.7 for Skellborn.

But if there is a popular demand, I will average the scores of the next MTC ;)

maxi031 says:
Do i post my map nomination here or via pm?

The map for the frontpage showcase? Doesn't matter. I just need to get the information somewhere. You could even come over and visit me in person to tell me 8-|
gado is a

If you where closer i would come for sure, ill prepare my airplane ticket for the next time i win, you better have some hot coffee ready. :d

My nomination for front-page is: 66905
Since my main focus is on RPG i picked one from there.
It is RPG track with very interesting path that kinda passed unnoticed.
You should give it a try, and if you get stuck do not give up, use cam 7 to look around if you must.
Old Age Caravanner

Patriot says:
And the winner maxi031 vote all maps with 10 and with no comments.
(y) :-w

I just checked the form. so what's the problem? this scroe is the same as if he didn't vote on any map it is the same as he vote 0 or 5 on all maps.

he voted 10 on all entries wich gets canceled in each score.
it is the same as voting 0 on all enrties, it wouldn't matter at all.
I think maxi didn't really drove all maps, and just said 10 to everyone to cheer ppl with lower scores.

also Heanry told that scores like this would've been ignored on the final results.
(111111111, 2222222222, etc scores)
Moped Racer

Indeed, if everyone receives the same amount of points, it doesn't matter in the end. Everyone has the same. And compared to the normal case this actually created a disadvantage for maxi031, since he had to give his own map 10 points anyway according to the rules. So with his vote he just tightened the points gap a bit more ;)

Coffee is already hot for your visit. Guess I have to make fresh coffee next time :p
gado is a

FT»lolig says:
so what's the problem? this scroe is the same as if he didn't vote on any map it is the same as he vote 0 or 5 on all maps.

No problem lolig...
I only see that has not changed in the last 5 years and a competition is never voted tidy.
"I did not have time to drive all maps / test so I give everyone a 10". Yes it is clear why you take part in the voting at all then ?
And if a 10 is fair to all, is questionable, because what's the difference between a clean map with everything and a poor mixing, not smooth without any MT work ? Is this fair such a map to give the same number of points as one where everything fits and the mapper has invested a lot more love and time ?
You do not answer, I know these answers for years, they are always the same^^
It is true, for maxi031 there would be no difference but maybe on the remaining places.
The hammer must be forgiven, only 4 points because they built a Valley instead Stadium Map^^
However, everything is ok...
Quad Bike Racer

Thats actually not true :d
It would have tightened the gap %-wise (well it did) which makes it look closer. But there's no change in the pointdifference, so the "gap" stays exactly the same :p
Do i need to post you a map within the next week or can i take my time and post you one once i find one, even if thats 1, 5months from now?
G-kart Racer
Page: 8 of 9 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem