Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC April 2015 - Make us laugh! 
MTC April 2015 - Make us laugh!
Page: 1 of 3
Post Reply  0 Observer
MTC April 2015 - Make us laugh!  

Welcome to the ManiaExchange Monthly Track Contest (MTC), April 2015.

In the MTC, your task is to build a track on a given theme (see below). Later on, all of the entered tracks will be rated and a winner will be found.

EDIT:Because I will be leaving the organisation of the MTCs due to private reasons (Starting a real job :cool: ), I want to leave with a good theme that spreads a lot of positive feelings. A few poeple might already know him, but gado will take over the MTCs in the future. ;)
    That was the joke in this post, but the rest is real. This is a regular MTC, just with a non-regular theme :cool:

• Theme of the Month: Make us laugh!
    Build the funniest map!

• Deadline
    EDIT: :done: :done: :done: All tracks should be submitted before the end of Sunday, 19th April 2015 CET. You got 3 additional days. The new deadline is Wednesday 22 this month :done: :done: :done:

• Prize
    :gold: Honour and the right to brag! (Jozii used to say that. I hope anyone still remembers him? :p)
    :gold: Top 3 tracks will be featured in the News section, getting extra spotlight
    :gold: The winner will receive a showcase of a track of his choice (< 10 awards)

• Rules
    • Allowed is everything what you want to build. Be creative!
    • Putting custom objects into your map is allowed.
    • Racing a different car is allowed to support more creativity. (Envimix)
    • I don't even need to add this rule anymore, do I? Blockmixing allowed! Just make sure to build no flickering textures because they're ugly.
    • Last MTCs had this too and it worked surprisingly well. So we will stick with this: Custom Titlepacks are allowed.
    • 1 map per author
    • For your submission you must include the sequence of letters MTC somewhere in the track name so that it can be easily discovered on mania-exchange.com.
    • Obviously, you have to upload your map to MX and post a link to your submission in the submission thread.
    • Oh, don't ever update your map after the deadline! It's dangerous I heard.
    • Limit your map to a maximum of 2min. There is no lower limit tho.

• Judging
    We'll use the judging system of the BASCO 2014:
    • Everyone is allowed to judge, even players who submitted a map.
    • In order to judge you will have to fill out a form and enter your name in a list on mx to verify your judging.
    • Every map will be judged with marks from 1 (funny) to 10 (very funny).
    • Note that you have to judge a stage entirely, you cannot judge only half of it.

Good luck, and as always: If you have any questions, please ask :)

Object embedding tutorial
Custom music tutorial
Last edited by haenry,
gado is a

if this isn't a joke, can't wait to judge this one :^)
G-kart Racer

also holding off until the 2nd.
loves Foolspeed

Guys, it is crystal clear. It's all in the first post :p
gado is a

I have such a stupid idea for this... but lets wait until tomorrow :d
Last edited by Skellborn,
G-kart Racer

Does putting a stand-up comedy act as the custom music on any old track count?
Old Age Caravanner

So it was no april fools? I don't wanna start that map unless it's the "real" mtc, as it wouldn't fit into any other topic... :d
G-kart Racer

Nobody found the two hints.
Read the first letter of every entry in the "Rules"-section.
Click the very last banner.

Now you should know that I am in fact not leaving the MTC organisation.

As for the MTC itself, it is a regular MTC, although it was originally intended to be just a joke. But the theme turned out to be quite popular, as far as I can deduce that from your reactions.
So it's a regular MTC now! :cool:
Last edited by haenry,
gado is a

Haha :d that must have been quite some work until the first letters were right :d
G-kart Racer

yeah it took longer than usual, but it was fun :d
gado is a
Page: 1 of 3 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem