Location: Home  Community Forums  Deployed  [DONE] [API][Request] Map UID in searchresults 
[DONE] [API][Request] Map UID in searchresults
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
[DONE] [API][Request] Map UID in searchresults  
Hey,
I'm currently working on a manialink displaying MX (since mxmaps kind of doesn't work anymore).
One thing I'd like to see in the API is the TrackUID in the searchresults.

Usualy I would request the search results (http://tm.mania-exchange.com/tracksearch2/search?api=on&format=json&...) and display the most important details from these data.

If I want to load any third party data (records/ratings/...) I usualy need the TrackUID, which I only get when I request the track details (http://api.mania-exchange.com/tm/tracks/{id}).
This however would leave me with another Request just to get this one value.

So could you add this one information to the API please?

greetz
Last edited by eyebo,
Learner Driver

Can't hide the fact that it would be useful :p. I might add it sometime soon, there are some technical reasons behind it at the moment. You can query multiple maps at the same time using the second call, though, so you don't need to call it once per map, and thus it isn't [that] expensive to do.
Segmentation fault

Here is a full comparison of the differences between the api return fields
Only 3 fields affected (one of them is not very important)

• Track Search 2 API is missing TrackUID as requested by zocka above

• Track Information API is missing:
    • AuthorLogin (this is the MP login and would be nice to have here)
    • ReplayWRUsername (don't really care about this one, but for consistency sake could be added)

Quad Bike Racer

TrackUID has been added to the Tracksearch2 API on test.mania-exchange.com

@TGYoshi: done this by removing the [XmlIgnore] and [JsonIgnore] attributes for the property in TrackInfo, you know if this may cause issues elsewhere?
Last edited by TheM,
Moped Racer
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem