Screen by ...
Page: 2 of 3
Post Reply  0 Observer

Sorry to burst your bubble, but unless someone can confirm otherwise, I don't think it would be possible to be able to determine the creator of a JPG image. The meta tag data for them is stored separately by Windows and does not persist across multiple systems, and I don't think there would be a way to easily read a GIMP/Photoshop/Photofilter/Paint.net applied comment (nor do people use that feature often anyway).
Rise from the ashes!

Windows 3.1 says:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but unless someone can confirm otherwise, I don't think it would be possible to be able to determine the creator of a JPG image. The meta tag data for them is stored separately by Windows and does not persist across multiple systems, and I don't think there would be a way to easily read a GIMP/Photoshop/Photofilter/Paint.net applied comment (nor do people use that feature often anyway).

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you were supposed to put the user ID in manually. :p
Last edited by Tuta,
· · · – – – · · ·

This was a bad suggestion because it was exclusively suggested towards a certain type of creators. Not thinking of modmakers, in-game pictures/models, and any other person who should also be rewarded in the same kind of way.

Don't try to argue against this, I know you'll say "but screenshots are only visible on mania-exchange, other stuff should be credited in the game (outro etc.)", but I don't recognize that as a valid argument.
G-kart Racer

eie says:
This was a bad suggestion because it was exclusively suggested towards a certain type of creators. Not thinking of modmakers, in-game pictures/models, and any other person who should also be rewarded in the same kind of way.

Don't try to argue against this, I know you'll say "but screenshots are only visible on mania-exchange, other stuff should be credited in the game (outro etc.)", but I don't recognize that as a valid argument.

Mods was already suggested!

And custom models are in my experience not used much, really need a box for something that is not used by 99% of tmx:ers?
· · · – – – · · ·

Tuta says:
And custom models are in my experience not used much, really need a box for something that is not used by 99% of tmx:ers?

It's still a concern to me. Everyone should be allowed to earn credit for they're work, and not a specific group of people. Even if very few people uses custom models. What about MT-work, or scenery creators? There's a lot of groups out there consisting of people with their own skills. Should we simply rule out some of them, and give a certain group exclusive right, just because they're more popular? I support equal rights for everyone =)
G-kart Racer

What about a hover note appearing, when pointing mouse cursor over the screen? (something like: "Screen author: XYZ")
If someone would be interested, that would be a way to check the author without making any new boxes or spaces in track details. But I don't know if it is possible to include such a thing in trackpages... Just a proposal.
G-kart Racer

or you could just write it in the ac with a showcase?
it might be good, but it's also completely unnecessary.
Quad Bike Racer

I'd say we wait a bit, to see if SC's become a success in MX. If most of the people do their own screens, this is pretty useless.
Back in action!

Also, it would be part of a bigger feature to assign credit for parts of a track to different users. Such as letting Duo tracks and Community tracks have multiple authors, or media tracker works have additional creators, screen shots would come under that whole idea.

This idea may or may not happen ;) - We'll have to see
Last edited by MrA,
Surely Retired

Space says:
maybe also add a possibility to show the screenmaker? on track uploading, just small checkbox "screen by:" and textbox where you can enter user ID. :)

Vote :done:

would be really a cool feature
Quad Bike Racer
Page: 2 of 3 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem