Track Packs
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  1 Observer
Track Packs  
Hey MX Admin and Mods,

Just wanting to know a basic idea when track packs will be enabled?

Thanks (y)

- Kama
Moped Racer

Sorry to double post but does anyone know?
Moped Racer

forzy knows I think 8-|
Zimmer Racer

Two ideas. A has already been planned and B is an alternative.

A) Track packs would be replaced by lists which will be created on the site. Mass (or batch) downloading is still being decided on. Mass/batch downloading is an extremely expensive operation to perform if a large list is present.

B) Fixing the archive upload process. Possible, but can also be expensive.
- Automatically remove forbidden files (folders, images, *.db files - any non-*.Gbx files really).
- Match each archived file to a track within the database. This removes the need for selecting which tracks are in the uploaded pack (previously this had led to incorrect pack information) and would also ensure that archived tracks are your tracks (to combat theft).

I haven't weighed-up the pros and cons of each method, nor have I implemented and tested either method. A and B are two possible candidates. A final decision will be made when I actually make a start. ;)
Deep fried

Ok thanks forzy :)
Moped Racer

Let's start a little discussion about this subject.

I think trackpacks might be a good idea, but then option A (as posted by Forzyy). Basically as trackgroups but available to authors and tournament organizers.

I'm wondering if it should be possible for someone to create trackpacks of tracks by others or if we should limit it to authors packing their own tracks and allowing tournament organizers to have an account which can pack tracks from others.

The display of the trackpack can be just a "filter" in the tracklist, like this:

We could also allow authors/tournament organizers to add a description/screenshot/etc. for these packs, which would require an extra page (shouldn't be an issue).

I'm looking forward to your ideas/opinions :)
Moped Racer

Map Packs were added!
Site Leader
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem