Location: Home  Community Forums  Deployed  Install & Play suggestion 
Install & Play suggestion
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
Install & Play suggestion  
Would it be more reasonable to have each track's download link on the tracklist page use the "Install & Play" behaviour rather than download the actual track file within the web browser? Is there any particular reason for how it is currently, or was this something overlooked? Each track's page would still have both methods to download the track.

Cheers,
- phil
Last edited by eyebo,
Old Age Caravanner

"Download" is much different from "Install & Play" so there must have been some good reason behind it. It should stay like this.
Beetle Racer

why not to add both buttons?
Zimmer Racer

metoxys: I just don't get how "Download" is more convenient than "Install & Play" :p
I remember that the old TMX would just use the tmtp:// protocol to handle pretty much everything. I was just thinking it would be nice if it could be the same here.
Old Age Caravanner

maniaplanet uses the maniaplanet:// instead of tmtp. If you look at what the button is doing, it's using a maniaplanet:// link. Is that what you're looking for?
Sports Saloon Racer

I actually made a mistake about tmtp:// and its use with TMUX - the track links are normal file downloads, and the OS handles running the game with the downloaded track.

What I was trying to say was that a maniaplanet:// link could be used as the *default* method of getting a track (by default, I mean the type of link that is used for the track on a tracklist page).

The regular "file download" link could still be available on the page (though I don't really see much purpose of it now, unless the player likes to organize their tracks in a folder structure different to what gets generated by the game when launched via the maniaplanet:// link).
Old Age Caravanner

Even if it's a really cool function, i like more the standard download + cmd file shown by ichorou because it's much more faster. So i would keep the normal download button.
Moped Racer

to be honest guys it works this way as well as the old way...and its alot easier than the way we had a few weeks ago ;)
i am just happy to have it +1 for me :) thx mx
TM CLOSED BETA TESTER

.dejavu says:
Even if it's a really cool function, i like more the standard download + cmd file shown by ichorou because it's much more faster. So i would keep the normal download button.

how is it faster? can't get. also there's additional black window shown... and afair no possibility to open the track if TM is already running?
and additional files needed.
Last edited by Space,
Zimmer Racer

For me is much more faster! And not by a little range of time, but im talking about 10-15 seconds more (i know, isn't that much).
Ok, the black window appears, but only for the first time you open the map, then if you download another map, this window will still be there, without open another one.
And then, i can play maps in this way, even if the game is already open.
Moped Racer
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem