Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC November 2012 [Results on page 10!] 
MTC November 2012 [Results on page 10!]
Page: 9 of 11
Post Reply  0 Observer

I totally agree with Snip.
In fact, you can't speak about a thing you don't really know... hosting a MTC doesn't take only "1 hour to start, then maybe 1 hour to find judges", that's absolutely false.

I was judge for the November MTC on TM United, and before I was, I couldn't say it was so hard and it requested so much time...
So it is the same for the hosting work...

Alcator says:
(I would like to once again propose the system that winners of one round should act as judges soon after -- because if they have dozens of hours to build, they surely have couple hours to judge)

As Snip has already said, this is not doable at all... the fact that a player decided to build a track one given month because he had the time for it doesn't suppose that this players will have enough time (and motivation btw) to judge next month.
Last edited by Red Shreder,
Learner Driver

Very well then, I will be resigning from hosting the future MTC's in order to get someone who has more time to do it. I will have to discuss with Kekx of how we should proceed though. Thank you. (y)
Back in action!

Red Shreder says:

As Snip has already said, this is not doable at all... the fact that a player decided to build a track one given month because he had the time for it doesn't suppose that this players will have enough time (and motivation btw) to judge next month.

Hello, Red Shreder,

I wonder why you all keep saying "this is not doable". Did anyone actually try it?? Granted, it will not be 100% successful, but even if this "judging honor" worked half the time, it would still be better than always having to look for judges "from scratch".

In beauty contests, it's a rule that the Beauty Queen has to, next year, crown the new Beauty Queen. I don't see why this couldn't work on TMX - in my opinion, it's only a matter of up front declaring "To promote the competition and allow some fresh air into the ranks of participants, we expect those who succeed in a given month by ranking at the Top 3 positions to become judges for the next month if possible, or agree on a substitute judge in case of unavailability."
(or some such).

For what it's worth, I'm offering my services, such as they are :-)

Moped Racer

Ville says:
I will be resigning from hosting the future MTC's in order to get someone who has more time to do it.

:(
Site Leader

I think it is sad that you have so little respect for the people who work on mtc's on their often valuable free time in order to make a great competition, alcator.

In your earlier post you write that it's a 2 hour job and then say it requires attention... Suddenly 2 hours have become many more just to answer questions, discuss, and not only write the starting post but do what's necessary to make it great. Sure, writing replies may not add more than another hour combined time to your "calculation" but constantly monitoring still makes it very time consuming.

I'm sure ville has time to do a half-arsed mtc with no commitment other than starting post and finding a few judges. But I know him, and it's not his way of life to do things half-arsed (y) If he feels he can not do a good job hosting with the time he's got on his hands, who are you to talk him down about it?

Only thing I could possibly agree with you on is that perhaps telling us there wont be a MTC a bit earlier would be nice, so someone else could host it this month (someone else hosting has never really been a problem ever before, has it?). But I know finding time to even sit at the computer is hard at times. Guess noone would like to judge through the holidays though :)

Maybe calm down a little, it's just a game after all. But dont forget real people are playing it, showing some empathy once and a while wont hurt.
· · · – – – · · ·

Respected or not, I still don't have the proper time required to do it. I thank you for the support, but I/we will have to find a solution to this, and it's not me hosting the MTC.

I'll be discussing about it with Kekx, but don't expect any news about the future of the MTC too soon because it's a big decision. If it's required, I'll host the January MTC (because I do have the time that month).
Back in action!

As for the informative part, I'm sorry about that indeed. A lot of personal things have been going on lately, if you require a reason for this.
Back in action!

it's ok ville
but its really sad that you quit the hosting :(
and what happend to the results of this one?
Last edited by FT»Lodec,
Beetle Racer

I'm a judge and my deadline is set to tomorrow.
Then the host need to create the final spreadsheet with the results. So I would guess the results are out by the end of the week.

Also to Ville: It's sad to see you quit as MTC Host (If you're quiting though.)
Does it djent?

Results will come as soon as I get the sheets from the judges. ;)
Back in action!
Page: 9 of 11 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem