Testdrive Server
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Testdrive Server  
This thread is about my testdrive server.
I decided to pull up this server to help mappers to improve their maps during building phase.
Basically anyone can upload his/her maps there to get other players/mappers to see and vote/comment on them.

The server has a very basic setup and runs with a custom management tool that I developed just for this server.

You can join the server under World -> Germany -> Sachsen -> Chemnitz -> Testdrive Server.

As I already stated anyone is invited to upload on this server and there are no restrictions (ok, one: it should be racing maps).

I will only update this thread when there are major changes but the controller is in development, so there will be changes every once in a while. For this reason the server is also in closed alpha state, so anyone can apply to use it for uploads but I will select about 20 people to use it's full powers, as long as the system is closed alpha. This also means, that the controller can hang at any time leaving the server in standard configuration (so without any controller).

If there are any questions ask here, via pm or under testdrive@bynobody.dyndns.org

Edit
To use the server for map uploads I need to grant this right to you. This means you have to apply via the ways I mentioned above and tell me your login. Note that it is only possible to upload maps where the author matches the account you are online with!
Last edited by proma,
Learner Driver
Testdrive Server  
yeah, my Track "Curves Ahead" is running there, first Beta phase, now the Final!

I like your work Proma ;)
Learner Driver

good initiative, i might drop by now and then to testdrive my tracks and get immediate feedback.

Little question though: can you confirm the beta tracks won't be saved in the database?
(otherwise we need a new trackname after every track update)

loves Foolspeed

The tracks are recognized in the database by their UId. This should be different for every different track (even if the name is the same), so you do not need to worry but if there should be a problem, then I will think about a solution for this.
Last edited by proma,
Learner Driver

a very cool idea! i will have to check it out. as a suggestion to your development of the tool: you should make it so that a person can upload a track to be raced once and if a certain amount of people give the track a high rating then it is kept on the server otherwise it is deleted after one round. this way you can be sure to have only good tracks. just an idea 8-|
Beetle Racer

I think this kind of defeats the sense of this server, it is not so much about hosting all the cool tracks but about helping to create them. But I have a similar idea that will come to live once maybe. Basically I think that a track that had enough attention can be removed from the server to not block newer tracks.

For general servers your proposal is useful and in XAseco for example there exists the autotrack manager that does this. Maybe I will code this plugin later on but it is not on top of the todo list :)
Last edited by proma,
Learner Driver

The server ist now open, so feel free to drop by and upload your tracks.
Should you notice any problems while using then please contact my via PM or EMail at testdrive@bynobody.dyndns.org!
Learner Driver
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem